You're here?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You're here?

Post by Richter on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:40 pm

Mercy sat in the back of a class, if she had to guess it was a freshmen class because of the boys in the class gawking at her when they walked in, but in her experience The university had a habit of mixing grade levels for some classes, some of the people who walked in looked way to old to be freshmen. She sat in a chair behind the rest, balancing herself on two of the chair legs and resting her own legs on the desk, keeping her balance. She was in a semi-rotten mood, she had a cut bandaged on her shoulder after some random thug was able to get a cheep shot at her and the bullet grazed her shoulder and when she returned to her apartment this morning around 3 am she found a note from her now ex-boyfriend saying that he couldn't see them going anywhere so he was breaking up with her. He moved out without even telling her and broke up with her over a note, it kind of ruin the rest of the day. But at least she attempted to try and avoid the thinking night before and early this morning. It just wasn't her week. She wondered what class this was and who the teacher was. The teachers here knew her well, she got along with most of them despite her being a bit of a trouble maker when she went here. Some teachers had even made the connection between her and the news story's of the "Night Angel" or so she was dubbed by the general public. She didn't care if people at the school knew as long as the info didn't leave the school. Either way it wasn't that hard of a connection to, she would patrol the city at night all the time when she attended here. It wasn't till she moved back to the city and started as a full time vigilante did she get noticed by the general public and news.

Mercedes:
Spoiler:
Richter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You're here?

Post by Azamuki 2.0 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Azamuki strode into his classroom, Room 213 on the second floor. He was always fifteen minutes early to his classes. There were a couple of male students goggling at a developed woman who looked like she didn’t necessarily belong in this elective. He approached her gradually; now she looked familiar. “…Aren’t you a little too old to attend my class, Miss Hawke?” He pressed down on the desk, laying it level once more. “Each of my students are assigned seats. You’re occupying one of those seats, Miss Hawke.” He wasn’t going to endeavor to force her off the chair, from what he understood, she was a mature woman. “…Nevertheless, if you were more intent on speaking with me, we can do so in my office.” He looked to the back of the classroom, where an office was situated so he could keep an eye on his students while they were working on their assignments given to them during class. It was highly systematized, with a solitary, wooden school desk and an office chair behind it. There was a desktop computer under the desk, along with a video display unit on the surface of the desk. There was already another chair set out for any prospective guests, and it was spacious enough to get relaxed in. Azamuki wouldn’t have it any other way.

~ Mugendai, Azamuki

Mugendai, Azamuki
Spoiler:

Muto, Karasu
Spoiler:
By mandax087 on deviantart
Azamuki 2.0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richter on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:31 pm

"Miss Hawke, that's a bit formal, wait a moment i recognize you! You are the kind of stuck up kid that was in the grade under me. Why am I not surprised you became a teacher, you were always the type who had to have things done a certain way, if I remember correctly we graduated together. That must of been a lot of work, considering the amount of credits needed." said Mercy. Aza pushed down of the desk, she really didn't understand why considering she had the chair on two legs and the desk was just there for support. "It's a wonder i haven't run into before today." She looked over at young boy whose seat she apparently stole. She dropped her feet of the desk and the chair was on it's four feet again. She reached over to the boy and had him walk over to her. She sat him on her lap and rested her head on the boy's shoulder. "There, problem solved." Mercy knew she was being kind of an ass, but she couldn't really help it at the moment. She wasn't in the best of moods. "Also... Aza was it? Yeah i think that was it, come on, we're friends called me by my first name. Or did you forget it?" asked Mercy with puppy dog eyes

Mercedes:
Spoiler:
Richter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azamuki 2.0 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:06 pm

…Someone must’ve woken up on the wrong side of the bed. Azamuki didn’t know what to make of it. He never really associated himself too closely with any of his classmates when he was an undergraduate at Darks, perhaps Miss Hawke had been affronted by that in her youth, though, the likelihood that she was having a bad day was more suspect in Azamuki’s mind. “I never overlook names, Miss Hawke. Should you prefer me to call you Mercedes, I will contentedly do so.” He paused. “Or perhaps something catchier like ‘Night Angel’ would be best.” He couldn’t help but smile. “…I see you have not changed.” Even when she was a student, she was known for going out past curfew and hunting down the ‘bad guys’ using her unique abilities, which was the utilization of darkness as a form of energy. It was captivating, though. Azamuki couldn’t refute that. “…Would you mind freeing my student from your grasp? He is a minor and your conduct is rather… inappropriate.”

~ Mugendai, Azamuki

Mugendai, Azamuki
Spoiler:

Muto, Karasu
Spoiler:
Azamuki 2.0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richter on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:53 pm

"Mercedes is still really formal, just call me Mercy." said Mercy. A smile crept onto her face. "Aww why did you have to go and say that out loud, I know's it's pretty obvious but still, it ruins the fun." A few whispers traveled around the room, apparently she had some fans. "But hey I didn't chose the name, the news has dubbed me that." She looked at the kid on her lap. "He's on my lap Aza and my head is occasionally resting on his shoulder... not exactly inappropriate." It was kind of odd, she had been paying random trips to the school multiple times, including this classroom and she hadn't run into him till today. "Hey! I have an idea, since I'm here maybe I should speak to the class now my little secret is out to everyone here. Come on, I have nothing better to do." said Mercy with puppy dog eyes. She turn her attention to the boy on her lap. "What do you think? Don't you think it will be exciting if a real life vigilante help with todays class?" The boy shifted her in lap and attempted to speak but incoherent sounds were all that came out. "I think he would like it, he sounds sure enough to me."

Mercedes:
Spoiler:
Richter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azamuki 2.0 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:17 pm

So, apparently Azamuki had miscalculated Miss Hawke. She abstained from the formalities. “Very well… ‘Mercy’.” It slipped off of his tongue, seldom did he ever speak so offhandedly before; it was just unlike him. She proposed that she be a ‘special speaker’ for the class today. The kids definitely enjoyed it when all they had to do was listen to someone talking, instead of do any work themselves… Azamuki considered it. He was in a relatively generous mood. “Well, yesterday I had been conferring occupations that kids with distinctive capabilities could profess at.” He thought for but a moment. “…But, being a vigilante is not necessarily my idea of a profession; and I doubt their parents would want that for them.” More students came walking in; class would be starting very shortly. Azamuki eyed the baby-faced undergraduate that Mercy had been so fond of. He wanted her to speak, and share her heroic escapades. Azamuki rolled his eyes. “…Very well. You will be our guest for today’s treatise on ‘The Varying Trades of Mankind, and the Skills We Possess’… It is a shame, I wanted to present the minutiae of power, and how we can apply the energies we have at our disposal.” A pair of kids cried out in objection. He sighed.

~ Mugendai, Azamuki

Mugendai, Azamuki
Spoiler:

Muto, Karasu
Spoiler:
Azamuki 2.0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:40 am

Vashy was getting better at figuring out -how- to actually get to classes. She had been going for afew days now. It didn't take her long to notice a new person in the class, a older woman. She chewed on her lip, she took her 'assigned' seat. Taking out the same book she took to every class. She wrote the class as the heading for the page. That was she knew which class it was for. she hadn't gone shopping for proper school supplies yet. Most students had seperate books. She placed it on the desk and heard Azamaki talk about complicated things again. She swore she would never understand a word that man said. She groaned abit. Slinking down in her chair.
Vashy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richter on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:43 pm

"Sweet!" said Mercy, lifted the freshman off of her and walked up to the front of the class room, sitting on Aza's desk. She folded her legs over and look around the class room. Most of the students seemed young, kind of earlier for them to consider what they want to do, but whatever. "Alright for you kid who didn't hear Aza ruin the surprise, I'm Mercy Hawke, A graduate from this school." said Mercy. "But some of you guys and gals may of heard of me before on the news. The general public has started to refer to me as the 'Night Angel'." She paused for a moment, letting the info set in. "But it's a secret so it doesn't leave this school ok?" Mercy didn't think she had to give them an incentive to stay quite, she bet the boys in the class would like on, but if anyone watched the news casts of the people she has captured, they were always scared out of there minds. Some would even twitch and ramble on about darkness. "So from the whispering I heard earlier, anyone have any questions or have a story they want to hear?"

Mercedes:
Spoiler:
Richter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azamuki 2.0 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:32 pm

Mercy hadn’t even given Azamuki a chance to present her to the class. He was unaware she relished in taking control of a situation; he kept that in mind. Nonetheless, he interrupted her anyways. “…Before Miss Hawke continues, class, she is an unanticipated guest, and she is here to regale you with her role as a ‘vigilante’ of Megiddio City. Bear in mind that while it may come off as a principled duty… One thing I have imparted in you is that all prodigious men and women with metahuman competences, abstain from misusing their powers, and only do so as a last resort, or if the adversary is great enough.” He hesitated, clearing his throat. “…While our received visitant, Miss Hawke contests those who produce misery, never mistake that for ‘your’ obligation, due to the gifts you possess. Always try to pursue a vocation you can really get someplace in life with. Follow your heart, never the things encumbering it.” He stepped in front of his desk, blocking out Mercy for but an instant. “The Megiddo City Police Department have made it their sole responsibility, to battle the lawbreakers of Megiddo City, and impede them therefore; where they are due justice in this nation’s court of law. So, again… There are others who avert evil from becoming worse than it already is.” With that said, he stepped back. “…Alright, Miss Hawke. You may carry on. Ask away class.” He urged them to ask questions, never had Azamuki had a vigilante as a guest speaker, and to all accounts it was an ill-advised notion, however, these students were unalike… And the likelihood of using their abilities to fight crime was more tangible for them than those who did not possess phenomenal abilities in the world.

~ Mugendai, Azamuki

Mugendai, Azamuki
Spoiler:

Muto, Karasu
Spoiler:
Azamuki 2.0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:30 pm

At least the woman was ALOT easier to understand. Even though she wasn't sure what she was talking about. She never watched any t.v. The woman didn't do it.. though the name sounded slightly familiar. She may have heard it off hand befor. She sighed abit. Azamuki started talking again, her head hurt tring to understand all his words!. She slumped over her desk when he mentioned police officers. She could barely tell that people in the back where whispering. What she had no idea. Some students raised their hands, others just shouted their questions. "Whats the most dangerous thing you've ever done", one of the more cocky boys asked.
Vashy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richter on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:56 pm

"Oh my god Aza!" said Mercy. "Stop boring them with details. I was going out and kicking ass when i was younger then them. A lot of kids learn if they are having fun, not if they are being bored." She pushed Aza out of the way. "Beside, vigilantism is still illegal." She then looked at the class and a hand shot up quickly. She pointed at the boy. She listened to what he had to say. "Hmm... most dangerous thing I have ever done..." She thought about it or a second, it was kind of a hard call but she figured it out. "I raided a crime lords house when i was around 15. I was still going to Darks when I did it. This was before I became known as the Night angel obviously, it's a relativity new thing. But anyway I was in this crime lords mansion, around 15 miles away from the city. I got into the building and I truthfully had no idea what i was doing. I was patrolling a few nights before and saw a port owned by the crime lord had increased activity so i decided to check it out at the source. So sneaking around the guys house, I'm still discovering the extent of my powers so I couldn;t just slip in the way i normally do cause I didn't know I could do it that way. Anyway I get in and fine files, saying that there is some 'cargo' coming in, in a few days. So I grab the info and begin to head out. But then I get noticed." Mercy then continued to go on about how she escape the mansion. She mentioned that she did get shot... alot and how much it hurt. But she continued to mention that she got the info the police and then returned to darks where the nurse patched her up and she actually was able to get back to patrolling in a week. She did however never mentioned what her power was, they would have to ask her to find out. "But the information lead to a large drug bust."

Mercedes:
Spoiler:
Richter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azamuki 2.0 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:37 am

Azamuki sighed, was this just an opportunity to grab some attention; upturn Mercy’s number of enthusiasts? Was she just going to regale them with her stories? Not what Azamuki would call a lecture of any kind… He presumed she intended to just have the kids ask away. It was truthfully purposeless in Azamuki’s mind. He walked unhurriedly in the direction of his office, guaranteeing that he wasn’t being a disturbance to the class while Mercy was talking, and while they were asking questions. He sat down behind his desk, and just began sorting some papers he had his students’ complete yesterday afternoon. It was one of the earlier essays he gave his class. It made them think what they wanted to do when they became adults, and how they could hypothetically use their ‘aptitudes’ in whatever field they aspired to practice. The foremost objective of the essay was to function as incentive for a brighter forthcoming in their lives.

~ Mugendai, Azamuki

Mugendai, Azamuki
Spoiler:

Muto, Karasu
Spoiler:
Azamuki 2.0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:59 am

Vashy was quiet impressed by the womans story. Though it sounded dangerous. Vashy had never been hit by a bullet.. though she understood pain. And Togis appitude for hearling. She was pretty sure she wanted to be like the school nurse. And help people that where injured and sick. This was a different spin on things though. Most of the class seemed to enjoy the story. Even cheering at the information that she got away. Another hand shot up. Vashy wondered what the womans actual power was if she can sneak into places now but couldn't befor. "What do you mean you couldn't do that befor? you like some nightcrawler or something now?" It didn't look like any writing was going to happen today.
Vashy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richter on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:26 pm

Mercy let out a small laugh. "No I'm not a nightcrawler but you are close." she held her hand up and a misty ball of darkness formed in her hand. "I control darkness in all it's forms. It's one of the reasons the news started calling me the Night Angel, the best picture of me is a silhouette that is barely visible inside a cloud black mist. I learned soon after that little adventure that I could also sink into shadows and move among them. I had even thought my power was fully matured by the time I learned I could travel through shadows. It shows that no matter now much you think you know your power there may always be more to it. Heck even no I occasionally find new extensions of my power." Mercy paused. "However... there are still some things people with powers can't fix..." said Mercy, drifting off a bit. A small amount of tears formed around her eyes before she snapped back to reality. "I-I'm sorry." sniffed Mercy holding back tears. "I traveled a bit into my personal matters for a second. Now, anyone want to hear another story?"

Mercedes:
Spoiler:
Richter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azamuki 2.0 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:44 pm

Azamuki had tamely finished organizing his papers. He looked around his office, and inhaled exuberantly. “…A renewed, rational office-set.” He spoke to himself softly. He was more or less a perfectionist of sorts, though most didn’t know that about him, even though merely judging by his posture, dialogue and otherwise they’d probably apprehend the fact that he was very ‘systematic’. Miss Hawke had more comprehensively explained her power, it was extraordinary… Perhaps among one of the most multipurpose powers employed by students and faculty of Darks University; what he also respected was that she didn’t waver using her capacities beyond school grounds. Perhaps undergraduates would learn to do the same, in one way or another. He continued listening in, and observed that Mercy was tearing up. He pondered why, but it wasn’t his place to pry… That’s what his students were there for.

~ Mugendai, Azamuki

Mugendai, Azamuki
Spoiler:

Muto, Karasu
Spoiler:
Azamuki 2.0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:25 pm

Extensions to powers? That was an interesting thought. Though most students probably had an idea and enjoyed actually using their powers. Vashy knew what she could and couldn't do. Thats why she preferred not to show off her specific skill to anyone. The lady seemed to be holding back her emotions.. she was obviously upset about something. "What do you mean Miss?".
Vashy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richter on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:17 pm

One of the students asked what was wrong. She probably should of seen that coming. "I want you all to listen to this, this is probably one of the only lessons you'll ever learn from me." said Mercy. She paused for a moment, making sure everyone was paying attention and to give me a second to collect herself. "Just... just because we have powers doesn't make life easy. If you focus on one thing to hard you'll push those who are close to you away... no matter how hard you try not to." She folded her arms, doing her best to keep her composer. "You can't predict others, either in your personal life or your professional life. What you might perceive as good might not be to some one else. What you might see as a great and happy relationship might be the exact oppisite..." She paused. The class was silent, not surprising. She forced a smile. "But that's a different subject for a different time. Any other story requests?" Hands shot up again she she continued to tell her adventures. Which is how she hoped the rest of the class went.

Mercedes:
Spoiler:
Richter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azamuki 2.0 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:54 am

Azamuki discerned a great change in Mercy’s attitude; she was becoming more and more emotional. He was beginning to think twice about having permitted her to speak to the class, principally because she was allowing her sentiments to inhibit the point of her being in the classroom as a guest speaker. Ultimately she suppressed her emotions, and instead asked if the students present wanted to hear any other stories. It sort of sustained onward from there, students began asking her different questions about different ventures in her life, it was almost as if Mercy just wanted somebody or a group of people to share her life story with. That whole time he endured in his private office at the back of the classroom, working in his office; keeping himself occupied.

~ Mugendai, Azamuki

Mugendai, Azamuki
Spoiler:

Muto, Karasu
Spoiler:
Azamuki 2.0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:03 am

That was alot to think about. Well the womans stories where interesting. Though her little emotional display did make her think about those important to her and how her powers efected her relationships. She wondered what happened to the woman to make her so upset.. she was hoping nothing too bad. Even if it sounded like her power was fairly impressive. How many stories did she have?.
Vashy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richter on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:22 pm

The class continued with her story's till the bell rang. She smiled at the kids when they got up to leave, some even when up to talk to her directly and to sign there stuff. It felt kind of odd. Once there was all but one student left in the class. She walked over to Aza's office and sat down on a part of the desk that had nothing on it. "Hey Aza, how didja like the stories? We could always use more heroes on the streets. Not very many of us chose and stick with the choice of vigilantism but If i remember what your power is correctly it would be helpful." She wasn't going to force him but she needed to keep her mind off of last night. It still hurt. "Sorry about my little outbreak, last night and this morning were rough, in multiple senses of the word." She paused and realized how bad that sounded. "Well in not that sense of the word, but the rest of the meanings." She looked at the kid who was still in the room, it was the one who asked her if anything was wrong.

Mercedes:
Spoiler:
Richter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azamuki 2.0 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:31 pm

The bell rang, and class was over. When Mercy was done with all of her storytelling, a few of Azamuki’s students were daring enough to approach her and get her autograph. He assumed that being at the age his students were, they’d realistically be thinking about what it is they wanted to do, and perhaps some really looked up to her. When Mercy came into his office after class, she took a seat right on his desk as though she had done this multiple times before, and proposed he get involved with vigilantism. “Using my metahuman abilities to quash the immoral and feeble is not my idea of a pleasant vocation; expressly when there are others who would gratefully get the job done instead of me.” He stretched for a moment. “…Though I confess, it does not sound as easy as one might reason. You have had trials of your own to overcome.” She had asked how much he delighted in her stories. “I am not the best one to answer that query, perhaps you should ask one of my students who were prudently heeding what you had to share with them.” He nodded his head in the direction of little Miss Banashi, the school nurse’s daughter. He didn’t have anything to say concerning her outburst, other than that in his mind, it had been very unprofessional.

~ Mugendai, Azamuki

Mugendai, Azamuki
Spoiler:

Muto, Karasu
Spoiler:
Azamuki 2.0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:52 am

Vashy wasn't the only student apparently who wanted to stay behind, though the others seemed to only stay long enough to get an autograph from the crime fighting guest. Vashy simply waited. She was concidering asking the woman about earlier. She stared at her book. She wrote the few questions she had down. Aswell as a small message to try and cheer the woman up. It wasn't much, she quickly ripped the page out and folded the paper halfhazadly into something that was supposed to look like an envelope... it was more like a three fold. She stared at the office. Vashy waited.. the woman needed to come out sometime. When she did Vashy would make her move and intercept her.. well kind of.
Vashy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richter on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:26 pm

Mercy shrugged. She looked to outside the office. The girl from earlier was outside the office. She smiled warmly at the child and waved her into the office. Whatever she had to say could be said in front of Aza as well. "What's up." she asked the girl. The girl seemed a little shy, maybe she could help with that.

Mercedes:
Spoiler:
Richter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azamuki 2.0 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:21 pm

…Well, at least pointing out Vashy got Mercy out of his office. Azamuki found it peculiar that she was so contented just sitting on his desk. He didn’t quite comprehend it either, since he never really associated himself with her when they were both students at Darks; he never hung out with anyone really, though he was an amiable scholar nonetheless. He never encountered too many issues during the year he was enrolled as an undergraduate. Azamuki perceived that Vashy had actually prepared for the private and likely brief Q&A session with Mercy. She was finally starting to get in the ‘mode’ that was being a student at the University. It brought a faint smile on his face.

~ Mugendai, Azamuki

Mugendai, Azamuki
Spoiler:

Muto, Karasu
Spoiler:
Azamuki 2.0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Her plan didn't work exactly as she wished, she was summoned inside with both Azamuki and Mercedes. She did as she was asked, a slight tinge of pink crossing her cheeks as she fiddled with the piece of paper. This wasn't how she wanted to do this. She took a deep breath and handed the piece of paper to the woman. "h-hi..." sh wasn't sure what to say. She was hoping the woman would read the paper. The note was fairly short.
Spoiler:
Hi.. are you ok?,
I kinda wondered why you were upset. Did someone hurt you?
I think anyone would be happy to have you in their life. You're a really pretty woman.
Vashy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum