Darks University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Art of the forest

2 posters

Go down

The Art of the forest Empty The Art of the forest

Post by Prince of the Pages Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:06 am

Dmetrius was as always on his own, sitting up against a tree as he watched the clouds go by, the lyrics of 'Teenagers' by my chemical romance pumping into his ears from a pair of black ear phones.  While he was in the forest just to have something to do, he couldn't help but wonder what he was to do that day. He saw nothing worth drawing at the moment, maybe he could just attempt to relax, and let the woods around him go on with its natural order.

Last edited by Prince of the Pages on Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Prince of the Pages
Prince of the Pages

Back to top Go down

The Art of the forest Empty Re: The Art of the forest

Post by Ice2215 Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:47 am

(Pumping into "her" ears from a pair of black ear phones?)

Dylan strolled through the silent forest with his hands stuffed in his pockets. It's rather nice in here, now that I'm not lost and panicked. Dylan thought as he walked and enjoyed the shade that the tall trees provided. After a short while, Dylan came across a rather large clearing in the forest, he saw a dark haired male teenager with black ear phones sitting against a tree. Dylan vaguely remembered the teenager, he was one of the newer students. "Hey, what are you doing out here?" Dylan asked curiously.

Last edited by Ice2215 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ice2215
Ice2215

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince of the Pages Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:41 pm

(-_- If I wasn't an atheist, I probably would settle for 'I swear to god this iPad is retarded' but yeah, this iPad is retarded, Im sure I said his)

Demetrius continued to stare up at the sky, his music blotting out the boys words, but he could feel his presence near him. He looked over slowly, taking out an ear phone to hear properly. "What was that?" He asked. Whoever this guy was didn't know about about his serious lack of tact, or probably didn't know him and wanted to see why he was alone in the woods. Either way, He had addressed Demetrius, unless he was talking to the tree, the artist really had no choice but to speak to him.
Prince of the Pages
Prince of the Pages

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice2215 Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:48 pm

(Lol)

There was no response, the teenager was continuing to stare up at the sky. Must be listening to music. Dylan thought. Then, the teenager slowly looked at him and took out an ear phone, asking him to repeat himself. "I was wondering what you were doing out here." He replied, taking a seat on the ground a few feet away from the other teenager.
Ice2215
Ice2215

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince of the Pages Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:54 pm

So he wanted to know what he was doing in the forest...well as obvious as it looked, Demetrius was just sitting around. "It's not that important, I'm just in thought." He said as he took out the other ear phone and slipped them into his hoodie, where they slipped into his sketch pad. "What brings you out here?" He asked. He was curious, he really didn't meet that many people that came out in the woods.
Prince of the Pages
Prince of the Pages

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice2215 Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:59 pm

Dylan hid his disappointment, he was hoping that the other teenager was doing something more interesting. "I got lost out here a few days ago, I decided to come back and explore the place a little more. This place is pretty nice, now that I'm not worried that I won't be able to find my way out." He answered.
Ice2215
Ice2215

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince of the Pages Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:21 pm

Demetrius nodded bringing his eyes back to the heavens above them. "You would try to navigate a forest you got lost in days earlier, as simple as it sounds, wouldn't you get lost again?" He said. The boy chose to sit a littleways from him, that's better than having him invade his space.
Prince of the Pages
Prince of the Pages

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice2215 Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:32 pm

Dylan frowned. "I'm not stupid enough to get lost in the same forest twice. I took precautions this time, left a small patch of this at the spot where I entered the forest." Dylan explained, holding up a hand and letting some Darkness from his inner storage seep out from his palm. The Darkness was sludge-like in appearance, black with grey wisps in color. "If I leave them somewhere, they're like giant flashing signals that I can use to find my way around."
Ice2215
Ice2215

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince of the Pages Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:40 pm

Demetrius looked at blob like darkness in the boys palm. "Looks a lot like oil" he noted after he looked away. It was an interesting skill sure, but he learned to expect to see something odd from any one that attended his school. While some caught his attention, other he could accept in maybe a few moments, like Lisbeth and her telepathy.the Artist tucked his arms behind his head, a mental sketch of the girls face forming in his head. He suddenly wondered where she got off to...probably grilling somebody for some deep personal secret.
Prince of the Pages
Prince of the Pages

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice2215 Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:33 pm

Dylan raised an eyebrow. "What kind of oil? There are lots of them and I sure as hell know that this," He said, raising up his hand with the blob of Darkness in it. "Doesn't look like cooking oil or kerosene to me." Then he shrugged and let the Darkness seep back into his skin, no point in keeping it out at the moment. "Oh, right. I haven't introduced myself yet. My name's Dylan, nice to meet you." Dylan said in a cheerful tone.
Ice2215
Ice2215

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince of the Pages Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:17 pm

"I would say raw oil, it doesn't look that bright until its refined" Demetrius said still now moving his head to look at Dylan. But once he introduced himself, he had to look at him. "I'm Demetrius" he said simply. There wasn't much else for him to say really.
Prince of the Pages
Prince of the Pages

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice2215 Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:29 pm

Dylan nodded. "I would never have thought about comparing it to oil." He looked at Demetrius, the guy seemed fit, as if he exercised or sparred often. "So what's your special power?" Dylan was curious, Demetrius seemed like he was someone who knew how to fight. He wondered if Demetrius' powers were related to sound, or if he just really enjoyed listening to music.
Ice2215
Ice2215

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince of the Pages Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:51 pm

Demetrius slipped his hands into his hoodie, taking out his sketch pad and putting it on his lap. He sat up slightly against the trees rough bark as he slipped his hand into the book like he was reaching into a hole in the ground. His fingers found what they searched for, the hard leather of a swords hilt, gripping it tightly and pulling his hand back slowly and carefully, he withdrew a short sword. It was two feet long, with a dark steel blade and a shiny silver hilt, with a black leather grip. The entire sword was very beautifully crafted, obviously he put time and effort into making it. "I can create things by drawing them and by focusing my engery, I can make them a reality" he said as he turned the weapon over in his hands before touching the tip of the sword to the paper, making it ripple as he slipped it back inside.
Prince of the Pages
Prince of the Pages

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice2215 Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:57 pm

A confused expression made it's way onto Dylan's face when Demetrius took out a sketchpad from his hoodie and set it onto his lap. Then Demetrius' hand went into the book. Oh, I get it now. Dylan thought to himself as Demetrius slowly withdrew a beautiful short sword and explained his ability. "That's awesome! Does it work with things like motorcycles and airplanes too? How long do they last? What happens if you break them?" Dylan shot out questions rapidly, an excited look on his face.
Ice2215
Ice2215

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince of the Pages Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:18 pm

"I can't biuld anything above a certain size, I also would need a very detail knowledge of the lay out of parts inside a plane, and motorcycle before I even attempt to draw one, they last as long as they don't break, and once they do they turn to ink" The artist said putting the book back into his hoodie. He had gotten a little better with talking now, he didn't try to leave out anything that seemed important. Demetrius saw the excited look on Dylan's face, it amused and confused at the same time, but didn't let it show.
Prince of the Pages
Prince of the Pages

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice2215 Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:22 pm

Dylan nodded in understanding, he enjoyed learning more about the abilities of his fellow students. "How hard are they? Are they like real materials? Like that sword just now, would it's blade be as tough as regular steel would be?" Dylan asked again while Demetrius stored away the sketchpad in his hoodie.
Ice2215
Ice2215

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince of the Pages Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:32 pm

"If I slashed the sword into your shoulder, it would definitely cut through it like a real one, as long as I have a solid understanding as to how the material looks and feels, and I take account for things like weigh and size, the entire product should look, feel, and just exsis as the normal object." He answered bringing his emerald gaze up to Dylan. "The oil like substance, what is it really?" Demetrius asked, crossing his arms.
Prince of the Pages
Prince of the Pages

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice2215 Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:39 pm

That was interesting, Demetrius could create copies of regular objects by simply drawing it. Easier said than done of course, Dylan was horrible at drawing. He was pulled out of his thoughts when Demetrius asked about his own ability. Dylan shrugged. "I don't really know what it is, but I can create it from shadows, like this." Dylan pointed at a spot in the shade, a patch of the shadow darkening before the Darkness bubbled out of it. After a sufficient amount of Darkness was created, Dylan cut off his connection with the shadow and mentally brought the newly created Darkness to his side. "I can make it move, shape it and alter it's physical properties." He explained as the blob contorted and shaped itself into a falchion, Dylan picked it up and held it for Demetrius to see.
Ice2215
Ice2215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down