Darks University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Unexpected Guest

4 posters

Page 20 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Go down

An Unexpected Guest - Page 20 Empty Re: An Unexpected Guest

Post by Hunter Kieff Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:17 am

Hunter laughed lightly along with the girl when she told him about what she had done. She may have looked a bit older, but her mind must have been out of wack, "No, not really. I tend to find more trouble than fun nowadays. No time for anything but letting my weary bones rest." He cracked his back and could feel the tips of his fingers itching again along a bit of tightness in his chest, "I'll be right back. I need to take a breather for a little bit." With that he stepped out from the room and made his way back to the outside where he could smoke. He popped one from his pack and placed it between his lips, lighting the stick and inhaling the menthol smoke to relieve the bit of tension he had in his body, "This is going to be interesting."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:08 am

The girl seemed to be speaking a normal conversation. She was glad. The boy's fingers touched to his chest. He needed to step out. She frowned a little, but pushed it back to a smile. "Alright." She waited until he left before she wrapped her arms around the girl and kissed her on the cheek. "So, what do you think of him so far, honey?" She really hoped the girl liked him. She really, really did.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

https://darks-university.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:41 am

Vashy found that comment strange.. the boy found lots of trouble.. and only had time to rest?, she wasn't sure what to make of it really. If he was good to be around was still being debated, he seemed to be ok. "Ok.", the boy left and the woman wrapped her arms around her and kissed her, she smiled and nuzzled the woman lightly. "He's alittle wierd.. but he's nice. Does he fight alot?, I don't get why he needs to rest weary bones", she was confused how he could come off so nice but still uh.. creepy may not be the word but something was off.. she either expected really abbrasive or manipulative and she got. Confused and easy going instead.
Vashy
Vashy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:15 am

Hunter had managed to kill about half of his cigarette in a short amount of time. Normally he would try to savor the taste and aroma of the smoke, but he didn't have the luxury of endless time. The young man was aware that the habit was killing him, but as it stood he didn't have too many things to keep fighting for anymore. Maybe that was why he always ended up getting into confrontations. As much as he hated to admit it, he went into conflict almost hoping to be killed, "I wonder what they're talking about right now." He took another long drag on his smoke and re-inhaled the white plume that seeped from his mouth in through his nose, "French inhale..."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:18 am

She shrugged to the girl's question. "I'm not sure, honey. He may." She gave the girl a kiss on the cheek. "I'm gonna go check up on him to make sure he's okay. You just stay right here, okay?" She gave the girl a quick pet on the top of the head and stood up. She left, shutting the door quickly. She didn't want the smoke to drift inside. She stood next to the boy, doing all she could to avoid the grey air. She smiled, "So... do you like her?"
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:28 am

Well, that wasn't really reassuring, she nodded. "Ok mama. " she smiled at the woman, she wasn't leaving her alone with the boy. And he was taking awhile. "I hope hes ok mama", she watched the woman leave befor she burried her face into the toy. Well, now what?, she stared at the giant fierce eyes. "You liked him, right?:
Vashy
Vashy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:29 pm

Hunter shifted his grey eye to Togi when she stepped out to see how he was doing. She didn't waste any time and asked what he thought of her 'daughter', "She's a lot older than I expected." He said. And judging by the way she acted, something must have been going on in her mind, "I remember you telling me about how we had a similar family history. But while my circumstances forced me to grow up, hers kept her locked in a specific time period." He took a drag on his cigarette again and drew in a second breath to let it fill his lings before he exhaled, "As for liking her, well... It's definitely going to take some getting used to to say the least."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:41 pm

She looked at the ground and nodded. He wasn't holding much back. "Yeah..." It's true, the girl was definitely stuck at the age. She nodded again. "Just think of her as a 7-8 year-old. That seems to be where her mind is right now. Sometimes it gets younger, though..." She really didn't like those times. She preferred having the girl at an older age, but she didn't mind the girl being a little younger than normal, she supposed. She looked over to the boy. "She really is quite sweet when you get to know her. And she likes you, so you're pretty lucky."
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:32 am

Vashy made her toy nod, so it was agreed that he was ok. "You know Mama Togi likes him." she wasnt sure what else to say to her 'friend', she did this sometimes when trying to figure things out, she liked talking to her toys, it was some sort of interaction. Eveen if she was really only interacting with herself. "It won't be bad having a boy friend." she giggled abit befor cuddling the toy again,
Vashy
Vashy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:21 pm

Hunter killed the rest of his cigarette and flicked the butt away, folding his arms afterwords. The girl that Togi was taking care of looked old enough to be a freshman in high school, but in all honesty she had no business being there. With her state of mind, that would create too many problems. The thought hard for a second and looked back to Togi with his good eye, "You really need to look after her, Togi. It looks like she's already been through puberty and whatnot, so if she's stuck like an eight year old there are going to be a number of things that she's just incapable of comprehending... Hormones, sudden changes. So if you don't make sure to teach her what's appropriate, there will be many a problem for you both in the near future. There are people out there extremely willing and able to take advantage of her if she can't properly defend herself. You can't be there every second of her life."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:16 am

She looked to the ground and nodded. "I've already been through a lot with her. I guess I should explain all of puberty next. She's just so sensitive right now. I recently decided to take her to see her parents. They were the worst people I've ever met." She stroked her hair. "I just want to be careful with her until she's better."
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:20 am

Vashy stroked the 'fur' of her friend, she really loved the toy, or more so, the idea of owning one like it. Since she rarely had anything she could call her own. She stared at the door for a moment befor looking at the toy and nodding her head. She wasn't disobeying right?, she was still technicaly going to be in the room. She slipped out of the chair and crawled under the bed in the far corner of the room. It was her safe place to talk. And think, well she made it so anyway.
Vashy
Vashy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:53 pm

Hunter nodded and looked back into the hallway, staring at the door to Togi's office. He understood where she was coming from; but if the girl didn't toughen up soon enough, there would only be trouble, "I know she's vulnerable right now, but coddling her would prove very troublesome in the long run. I'm aware that you have this need to protect her, but she needs to learn some form of independence. Do too much and she'll never grow up, do too little and she'll begin to lose faith in you. There's a balance that you need to find and you don't have a lot of time to find it." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "I know it seems like I'm being a hardass, but the world isn't kind to those unable to protect themselves. God forbid something were to happen to you, but what would become of her if she lost you right now the way things are going?"
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:47 am

She didn't know. She really didn't. Things were so hard. She turned and wrapped her arms around the boy. She wanted things to be okay. "I'm not sure..." She laid her head on his shoulder. "I can't do anything right. I just try to make her happy. That's all I can really do. I've let her down too many times. I just... I don't know what to do..." She felt like she was going to cry, but she didn't. She really had trouble with the girl. Being a mother was hard. Being a single mother was hard. Being a single mother with somebody else's kid was hard. Being a single mother with somebody else's traumatized kid was really, really hard.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:52 am

Unfortunatly her safe place wasn't big enough for her and her toy... it was alot easier with her smaller toy... "mana".. Vashy sighed, she missed her still. But at least she wasn't alone anymore. She had vashys toy with her. Right, she nodded. "Mama and I gave her my sheep.. but don't worry, your mine, even if you are too big to be under here", she giggled abit, snuggling the toy as best she could without scratching herself underneath the bedframe. She positioned the toy so its head was facing her and body was half poking out from the side of the bed. "you know if mama spends more time outside... then we gotta try to be nicer to her friends.. because.. then maybe they'll be our friends.. and they can be safe coz they mama's friends aswell", she nodded... it made sense in her head.
Vashy
Vashy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:57 am

"Sssssshhhhh..." He cooed, stroking Togi's hair when she hugged him and placed her head on his shoulder, "I know that being a parent isn't the easiest thing in the world, but there comes a time when you need to stop being a friend and be a mom. I know she already thinks of you as a mother, but you need to find a way to help her mature. I can already tell that tough love isn't going to work all of the time, but for now I'm only able to suggest a couple pieces of advice." He looked to Togi with his uncovered eye and smiled down to her, "Don't be overly permissive with her. Sometimes you need to just say no and make the girl deal with it. If she throws a fit, let her know that it's inappropriate for her to act that way with how old she is. And never let her think that she has the power to influence your decisions through acting out."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:45 am

The boy was giving her parenting advice. She was a little happy. She knew he cared. She wasn't completely sure how to apply the advice, though. The girl never really asked for anything that was too much. Throwing fits, though... yeah. That happened pretty often. She would have to find something that worked. She really did want the girl to act proper. Why did stuff like this have to be so hard... "Thank you." She gently rubbed his back. "Do you think we should go back inside?"
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:54 am

That solved things she guessed... as long as they weren't just hers. They wouldn't get hurt. Like her old one did.. she brought her hands up under her chin, resting her head on them as she stared at the toys expressionless eyes. "Do you think it'd be ok to ask?", she wanted to go out again soon.. though she doubted the woman would want to. She liked being home, and she was always so tired. She was still recovering afterall.
Vashy
Vashy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Hunter smiled, "It's no problem, okay?" He kissed Togi on the forehead and put an arm around her shoulder when he turned to face the door. He didn't want to leave the girl alone in the room for too long lest she begin to suffer a form of separation anxiety. Then things would just get a little more difficult, "I think you should go in first... You know, just in case something's up."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:58 pm

She nodded. It was time to go back in. The boy was right, it'd be better if she went in first. She opened the door up and walked in. She looked around. She couldn't see the girl anywhere. "Vashy?" She took a couple steps further in. She saw some colorful fur near the ground. She guessed the girl must be hiding under a bed. She smiled a bit. It was kinda cute. Under the beds seemed to be where the girl felt safe and alone. "We're back, come on out."
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Vashy heard the door open, then the womans voice. She giggled abit, the woman knew by now what she did when she was left alone. It seemed that way at least, she army crawled out from under the bed then ran to the woman, wrapping her arms tightly around her. An innocent guilty smile on her face as she looked up at the woman. "I stayed in the room. Like you told me too mama", she was pretty sure the woman wasn't mad at her for hiding. She looked past the woman, the boy was still here. It was probably asking too much for him to have decided to leave. She would have to bide her time befor she even tried to ask the woman about another outing. Maybe later. That reminded her, she left her toy behind, she frowned as she looked down and then back at the bed. "I forgot", she ran back to the bed and bent to pick the toy up, hugging it close to her chest. "I'm sorry"
Vashy
Vashy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:47 pm

Hunter folded his arms and leaned back against the wall when he stepped in after Togi. He had received his fix of nicotine for the time being, but is was much less than his usual. Quitting wasn't going to be easy at all. Especially since he was nothing short of a chain smoker. He didn't get any form of greeting from Togi's 'daughter' but, in all honesty, he had no reason to care. The way she acted still managed to irk him even though there was a reason, Hunter couldn't quite wrap his head around the concept. The young man had a feeling that the girl didn't want him hanging about, but she was biting her tongue. As far as he was concerned, Hunter had no business staying where he wasn't very welcome. It took a second or two for him to brew an excuse, so he just looked at his watch and spoke, "It's about time for me to go back to the gym." He said, "I'm gonna need some more physical therapy so I can work at maximum capacity from now on." It wasn't necessarily a lie since he still needed to head back and complete his routine. He was caught right in the middle of it.
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:17 pm

She held the girl tight in her arms. The girl broke off from the hug and grabbed the toy from under the bed. She turned to the boy. He head he had to go. She frowned. She took a couple steps closer to him and placed a hand on his arm. "Are you sure you have to go?" She felt upset. Why would he be leaving? Did he not like the girl? Could he tell that the girl didn't like strangers? She thought it was working out pretty well. She frowned a little bit. She really was sad. She'd rather he stayed with her and held her in his arms and... and that would be pretty odd with the girl around. She supposed it was good that they knew each other, but it would be a little difficult to get them together. What if they don't even like each other? It was all very complicated.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashy Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:46 pm

The boy said he was going. Vashy glanced at the woman and him, she didn't seem happy about him going. She frowned abit.. they hadn't really had much conversation. All of the womans other friends that she had met, stayed alot longer. She figeted with the toy for abit as she walked back to the woman, keeping her gaze to the ground. Looking up when she was standing just behind her. "You can stay if you want to, and, umm, play games or talk. " That was the best she could do at trying to convince him to stay. She wasn't very good with strangers, she didn't know alot about the boy. And frankly, she hadn't warmed up enough to want to hug him.
Vashy
Vashy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:04 pm

Hunter could tell that Togi was more than a little bit upset with his decision to leave. It didn't take very long for him to make his decision, "If it means that much, I guess the gym can wait." He put an arm around her shoulders and rested his forehead against hers before shifting his gaze to the girl, "And what exactly would you like to talk about, huh?" He gave a genuine smile and turned his head to face her, "Or do you just feel like having a question or two answered?"
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum