Darks University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time Heals (Kasi)

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Time Heals (Kasi) - Page 3 Empty Re: Time Heals (Kasi)

Post by Hunter Kieff Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:49 am

Hunter felt Togi's hand brush against his when she caught up to him. Without thinking he just grabbed onto her hand and interlaced the fingers, "Don't mention it." he said with a smile, "From what I've seen you stress yourself out too much. Sometimes you just need to let your inhibitions go and live a little!" He popped a cigarette into his mouth and attempted to light it, but the fluid in his lighter was just about gone, "If you ever want to try out anything new again, don't hesitate to let me know. Everyone needs a breather now and then."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:53 am

The boy was right. She did stress out a lot. Usually for good reason, though. She watched the ground. The boy was about to smoke. Maybe she should try some new things. Maybe they would help her relax. Maybe it was just the way he worded his sentence, or possibly her current impulsive urges, but... Her eyes looked up to the little stick of paper in his mouth. She wondered what the big deal was. She knew. She knew medically what was going on, but she was just so curious. She kind of wanted to try it, but didn't know how to ask how. She didn't need it. She was fine without knowing.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

https://darks-university.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:01 am

After a couple of unsuccessful tries, Hunter managed to get his cigarette lit and took in a deep breath. He savored the minty taste of the menthol infused tobacco and exhaled a plume of sweet white smoke from his mouth. He took notice of Togi looking at his light so he decided to test the waters a bit. Usually she was dead set against his smoking, but this time she just looked curious, "You wanna try?" He flipped another cigarette out and handed it to her, "I promise that one smoke won't hook you."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:09 am

The boy understood what she wanted. He held one out to her. She stared at it. She really hoped he was right. She didn't want this to change her life very much. She wouldn't know what to say to the girl. She took it between her fingers and twirled it around a bit. It was so small. She put the filtered end in her mouth and just held it there. What was she doing? This was so strange for her... She may as well try to enjoy it the way things were going. She didn't want to talk. It didn't feel like it was her in her body. She waited for him to light the little stick in her mouth before she inhaled. She was scared.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:40 am

Hunter smiled again at Togi and began to explain proper technique to make it as easy as possible for her, "So I'll just tell you now... Don't go slow. You'll just cough it right back up. So take a quick drag and don't worry about coughing. It happens to everyone their first time." Instead of wasting more of his fluid by lighting Togi's cigarette, he simply leaned in and put the tip of his lit cigarette against hers, "You ready?"
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:45 am

She felt really worried. This was it. There was no turning back. The glowing red tip sticking from the boy's mouth touched to her's. She had to follow his advice. It would make it easier. She inhaled quickly when the flames were touching. A strange flavor filled her mouth, her lungs. It was cold, but she felt a burning sensation. She felt a terrible urge building up in her throat. She pulled the stick from her mouth and proceeded to cough. It didn't feel good. Her eyes were watering. Her insides felt cold. It was a strange feeling. She still had the taste in her mouth. She looked to the boy.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:00 pm

Hunter sighed and patted Togi on the back as she coughed in order to relieve her a bit, "I warned you, didn't I?" He said with a slim smile, "But sometimes you gotta cough to get off." Hunter took another drag and drew in another breath after that to let the smoke fill his lings again, "But after the coughing fit wears off you might feel something called a 'nicotine buzz'. That's why I smoke. The buzz just helps me come down and release a bit of stress. Then again, I'm addicted. This is your first, and most likely last, cig. So you'll be fine."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:12 am

She smiled a little. She looked down at the little paper in her hand. It wasn't a comfortable feeling. She wiped her eyes. "Yeah, I can't see myself really using these." She twirled it a little in her fingers. She didn't want more. She held it out for the boy. "I don't think I really want to try anymore. Do you want the rest of it?" She still didn't condone smoking, but she didn't want to waste something so expensive.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:00 am

Hunter plucked the cigarette from her fingers with a small laugh and killed it off in one long drag. There was a lot of it left, but he didn't feel like letting it burn slowly like usual. The inhale took a toll on his lungs and he coughed heavily. Each breath he took in again was still filled with smoke and made him gag on his own air. When the coughing fit was over, he tasted a bit of iron in his mouth and licked around before spitting a red glob into the dirt. He'd never coughed like that earlier. Maybe it was time to look into quitting, "Damn. That was unexpected, huh?" He looked to Togi and laughed, trying to play off the severity of his discovery, "Might have lost a piece of my lung somewhere."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:50 am

The boy finished off the whole thing so quickly. She was surprised. The next surprise made her smile vanish. It wasn't a look of worry. It was the hard look of a nurse. She put a hand to his back. "You're hurt... so many things could be wrong. Do you want me to check it out? I could fix you up." She was worried. Very worried. She didn't want to show it, though. And if she didn't act like this, she'd probably throw up from the splatter of disgusting crimson liquid now on the ground.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:22 am

Hunter waved off Togi's hand and coughed roughly, tasting a bit more blood in his mouth. However he swallowed it instead of spitting, "Don't worry about me. I'm fine." She would probably be able to tell that he was lying; but if what was wrong with him ended up being a form of cancer, the woman's healing ability would do a bit more harm than good. Then again it could just be bronchitis from his smoking, "There are some people you just can't fix. Unfortunately, I might be one of those exceptions. So try not to fret about small things like blood in the cough. I'll bounce back from this like I always do."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:27 am

She didn't like his response. She cringed at the word that started with a 'b'. She swallowed hard. She still rubbed his back. "I'm really worried. And that isn't just the nurse in me talking. You're scaring me..." She chewed her lip. "You don't have to stop smoking... but maybe not so much. It seems to be hurting you..." Her hard look melted back to her regular expression. She was scared for him. She wanted him to be okay. She wouldn't allow anymore death... not again.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:50 am

Hunter sighed and shook his head, "I told you that I'm fine, okay? If I was in any real pain, you would know." He ran a hand through his hair and looked to Togi with his good eye, "I may be young, but I can tolerate a lot more pain than you think. I lived in nothing but that my entire life, so this is no more than a bump in the road. It'll take more to kill me." Hunter paused to place a hand on her shoulder, "And in the event that it does, at least I'll be able to see my brother again."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:39 am

She nodded a bit to him. She guessed she couldn't change his mind. She decided she didn't want to speak again. She was a little upset. She looked to the ground. Why wouldn't he let her help? Why would he rather die that get help... She knew there was something wrong. It could be something dangerous. She twiddled her fingers.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Hunter continued to walk in silence until they reached the gates of the school. He was still a little bothered about Togi's persistence earlier, but there was no real reason to stay upset since she was just doing her job. Regardless, Hunter never enjoyed having to rely on someone else to solve his problems. If he wanted help, he would ask for it, "I apologize if I sounded like a prick earlier. It's just that I only ask for help when I need it, and having someone prod even after I tell them that tends to grate on my nerves. It's just the way I've been since I was a kid."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:53 pm

She took his hand and squeezed it tight. "It's alright. I'm sorry that I kept pushing it... Just the nurse instincts kicking in, I suppose." She chewed her lip a little. There was nothing to worry about. He would be okay... She hoped. She took a deep breath and smiled. She was feeling a bit better. She turned to him and looked up to meet his gaze. "So, what would you like to do now?" She would be fine with anything.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:32 pm

Hunter shrugged at the question she gave, "I really don't know. I picked the last thing we did, so now it's your turn." He smiled and changed the way they were holding hands so the fingers were interlocking. He felt that it was a bit more comfortable that way. The young man reached into his pocket with a free hand and brought out his entire pack of cigarettes to count how many he had left. There were three of his favorite blend sitting there and he considered taking a smoke but, after what happened earlier, he was a bit hesitant. For the first time he thought about where he would be in the future if he kept smoking close to a pack a day for several more years, and it wasn't a pretty picture, "You know what?" He thought aloud, "Fuck these things." Hunter dumped the cigarettes from their carton and crushed them with his boot until they were completely destroyed before tossing the empty back into the garbage, "And I already regret that..."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:15 pm

She had to decide what they did next. Well... wait. What was he doing. He dumped all his cigarettes on the ground. Her eyes widened a bit in surprise. She squeezed his hand a bit. She couldn't stop smiling. "Don't worry. I'll help you through it." That sentence could either get a good reaction, or another really bad one. It depended on how much he believed he could stop on his own. Right! Back to the agenda. "So, how about we go get something to eat now, yeah?"
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:37 pm

Hunter drew in a deep breath and looked down to the crushed cigarettes under his feet, "This really isn't going to be very fun." He said, looking back over to Togi. He assumed that she would be happy about his decision to try and quit, but there was no doubt in his mind that his attitude and mannerisms would change for the worse, "I think it'd be best to let me handle it on my own. I wouldn't want to snap at you when a craving kicks in. Then if it fails, you can't feel bad or anything about not being able to help me. This is one of those things that I need to take care of."

Hunter nodded his agreement when Togi offered the idea about eating. The thought hadn't occurred to him and he could feel his stomach beginning to ache from hunger, "Food sounds like a damn good idea, actually. Where do you plan on dragging me?"
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:41 pm

She nodded. She guessed she could try to leave the boy be about it. She wanted to help as much as she could, so she guessed she would have to just do what he wanted. He asked where they would be going. "Well, I'm not really sure. We could eat at the school's restaurant, or we could find a nice place in town to eat. Your choice." She took his hand and squeezed it tight. She was happy. He would be getting better, or at least try to quit smoking. She wondered if it was because of her. Maybe... maybe it was the entire impulse thing she did earlier, trying to smoke one. She couldn't be sure why. She was glad, though...
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Hunter thought for a second and looked to Togi when ready to answer her question, "Honestly, I'm fine with going to the school restaurant again." He paused for a second, "Unless you really want to go into town." In the back of his mind, Hunter really hoped that she wouldn't want to leave campus again. He was trying to hide it the best he could, but the young man could feel his chest tightening as is became harder and harder for him to breathe. It took almost everything he had to keep himself from openly wheezing. Then again, as a nurse, Togi would probably be able to tell from the strain in his voice when he spoke, "Like I said before, it's your call!"
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:45 pm

She smiled. "The restaurant it is, then." It seemed like he was in discomfort. She wanted to make it better, but he didn't seem to like it when she intervened on his health problems. She pretended to not notice. She held his hand tight and started to pull him along, in the direction of the food. She tried to think of conversation topics, but could only really think of 'nursey' things to say. She didn't tend to talk with too many people. And all but two of the people she spoke with were her patients. She couldn't think of anything fitting.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:06 pm

Hunter looked down to Togi as they walked to the school's restaurant, taking note of her facial expression. It seemed as if she was thinking about something to say, but couldn't draw anything but blanks. For a brief second he considered what she would think about something, so in order to create at least some form of interaction; he said it, "From a nursing perspective... How am I doing?" He was referring to how he treated his body, "Any way to fix the damage that's been done?"
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:27 pm

The boy asked her pretty much the only thing she was thinking of. Fate was on her side, for now. "Well... I don't think it can be fixed. At least, not too quickly. I think, though, if you don't take the damage any further, it might slowly get better and better until you don't notice a thing anymore." She smiled a bit. She was glad to be able to say these things to him. "I don't imagine you've been doing it for too long, so you can't have hurt yourself very much yet."
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:06 pm

Hunter nodded curtly and decided to ask another question, "What about my durability? Just how much do you think I can take without being crippled or killed?" Since there were many other people like them out in the world, Hunter doubted that all of them were kind or compassionate. With his standard durability, he could probably be pasted by more than a few of them, "And without this ability of mine... Would I have anything good going for me?"
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next