Darks University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Art Behind Death (Cuddlebear)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Art Behind Death (Cuddlebear) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art Behind Death (Cuddlebear)

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:42 pm

The boy's answer was a little more complex this time and gave more details than before. She stifled a bit of laughter at some of the stuff she heard. She wasn't really laughing at the boy, some of it just seemed a bit silly. There was no reason to avoid talking to others just because of a quirk. The boy's thoughts started down a bit of a strange path, but he stopped himself. "I'm a Junior, myself. I've been here for a couple years." There wasn't much to say on it. And to tell you the truth, I don't see much point in trying to go on a date. Being able to read minds just gives you too much information about a person.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

https://darks-university.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Art Behind Death (Cuddlebear) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Art Behind Death (Cuddlebear)

Post by Prince of the Pages Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:50 pm

"Interesting" he said as he finished her hair, he dipped his brush into some more paint. He ran his brush over the paper as he started on her face, his eyes narrowing. "And if you find my social difficulty funny, I understand, it seems small but I find nothing wrong in the things I say or do at certain times." He said as he rested his gaze on her. "Next question" he said simply, before going back to his work, his hands moving carefully in the paints to find the match to her skin color.
Prince of the Pages
Prince of the Pages

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:55 pm

She shook her head. "Sure, it's a little different than how a coupe other people speak, but the information comes through in the exact same way." The kid didn't really inflect, but there was no problem with that. Just another manner of speaking. She shrugged a little. The boy wanted another question. She had a tendency to ask people about their deepest secrets, but after seeing some of the things this boy goes to, she didn't really want to bring that question up. She watched the boy's face while he painted. She needed another question. "Did you just pick me because I was the only person around?"
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince of the Pages Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:09 pm

Demetrius looked at her, resting his hands on her jaw gently, then ran his thumb slowly across her cheek before lowering his hand. "No, I picked you because I recognize the beauty you have" he said as he dipped the brush in the water. "There's no point in trying to read me on that one, that's all I have to give you."
Prince of the Pages
Prince of the Pages

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:14 pm

The boy touched her face. She almost cringed, but held it back to avoid possibly offending. She didn't really feel like she could offend this boy. He was somewhat of a a romantic, and told her that it wouldn't be worth going any deeper on that statement. She wasn't really going to try, but she guessed she didn't even have to try to pick things up. She looked down to the ground. She really couldn't tell if this boy was hitting on her or just saying things. With most people it was easy to tell, but this boy's head definitely wasn't all in the right order.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince of the Pages Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:21 pm

Demetrius put his paint brush down and pulled up a blade of grass, resting it on the paper, staring at it. He brushed it off and began to very carefully paint in the grass. "And no, I'm not hitting on you if your wondering, I'm just being fully honest with you" he said not looking up again. "Next question"
Prince of the Pages
Prince of the Pages

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:25 pm

Could this boy read minds? That was way too convenient to just come up out of nowhere. She watched him play around with the grass. She didn't really know what to think of this boy now. He was pretty straightforward. "So, what can you do?" It was an extremely generic question, but, considering the school that they both went to, it meant a whole lot more. She wondered what it might be. It would make sense if it was somehow connected to him being an artist, but that wouldn't always be true. Sometimes powers and hobbies don't intercept.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince of the Pages Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:31 pm

Demetrius put his paint brush down and then put the pad on the grass. He reached into his hoodie pocket and withdrew a piece of paper, on it was a violin. He put his hand over the paper and it slowly slipped inside, he pulled out a black and white violin, holding it in front of her. "I can bring things I draw into reality" he said as he dropped it into the paper again.
Prince of the Pages
Prince of the Pages

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:41 pm

So, she guessed right. It had to do with art. There also wasn't a whole lot of buildup into that as the boy had probably intended. Sometimes being one step ahead kinda sucked. Still, it was a pretty cool thing. She really wondered how it worked, but it probably wasn't as simple as what she did. Stimulating the brain and creating something from nothing were two very, very different things. She wasn't sure what else to really say to the boy. She glanced down at the pad on the ground. It didn't look like it was completely colored yet, but it definitely looked like her sitting down in a graveyard. It was nice.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince of the Pages Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:11 pm

Demetrius picked up the paints and paper again, looking at it again. "When I was younger, I was brutally beaten, cursed at, and treated like a nothing. At thirteen I considered killing himself, and I began to cut myself, one cut for everyday I didn't do it. My father seen me to England for safety and I continued my education and took up art as well as the violin. I distance myself from people and don't understand what I do wrong at times because of this. I'm used to seeing a person cringe at my touch or throw rocks at me for fun." He said as he just decided to tell her the only thing she hasn't asked of him. "My emotional impairment keeps me from truly desiring another person to be with me, but as an artist and as a male, I am able to notice the beauty of girls, and my name if that even matters to you, is Demetrius" he said as finished the piece carefully, painting in detailed tombstones.
Prince of the Pages
Prince of the Pages

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:35 pm

Huh. She wasn't exactly expecting something like that. Maybe she should tell him about her whole life. She spent a couple seconds to think it over. She really didn't like telling the story. She took a deep breath and looked into the boy's eyes. My family gambled a lot, so we never had any money. My dad was gone way early in my life. He's probably dead nowadays. My mom was forced into working for some gang to pay back our debts. I think she died while working. I took up gambling to provide for myself. As you may guess, it's rather easy for me. Then, I came here. She tapped her foot a bit. The next section was easier, she could just say it out loud. "I left all my friends back home in an instant. I just wanted to forget about that life. But, at this school as soon as people know what I can do, they have a tendency to avoid me." Sure, her story wasn't nearly as heart-rending as his, but it was a fair trade.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince of the Pages Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:04 pm

Demetrius nodded at her words, taking them into his mind, everything just playing out in his head as a movie. "I see" he said as he ran the brush slowly over her picture, added a light shadow here and there. "Well, if this has any effect on you at all, I shall not avoid you, your ability as it is could be seen as intrusive because you seem to use questions to take in more information that you seem to, but unless I've suddenly found myself attracted to you in some way other than asking for your wonderful green eyes and beautiful features, I don't have much reason to want to hide my mind from you any further." The chances of that were on a sliding scale to begin with, he wasn't used to attraction and the one girl he did get to go out with him based on his good looks, straightforwardness, his accent, slapped him a day later.
Prince of the Pages
Prince of the Pages

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2