Darks University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Power training 101 (Open)

2 posters

Go down

Power training 101 (Open) Empty Power training 101 (Open)

Post by Akira Kaburagi Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:03 am

First class of the day for him in his third year of being the gym teacher and power trainer for the youths of the university, Akira's golden eyes looked around the basement gym seeing that most of the equipment was still in storage so they wouldn't have to move much around or worry about it getting broken. He breathed in deeply before opening the main doors as his students would be down soon, the floor was solid concrete and the ceiling was made of durable metal in case any of the students accidentally hit it. He would like to avoid any damage this year seeing as last year one of the students had melted a treadmill and a bench press because he got a little angry with his training partner, of course he had to pay for those items unfortunately. Time to limber up before the little one's got to his class he thought to himself as he reached down to touch his toes a few times while he listened for the sound of the students that would soon be arriving to the basement.

After he was done with his toe touching he slowly spread his legs until he was pressed against the ground easily doing the splits showing off his flexibility to no one, he was one of the lucky teachers that could dress casually as he was doing hands on training. His lean form was covered by a simple black tee shirt and a pair of white running shorts with a pair of blue flip flops that were soon tossed to the side as he would be able to move easier without them. He wondered how many returning students he would have and how many new students he would have this year, hopefully it would be better than last year where he had several of the students challenge him to fights because they didn't need help controlling their powers apparently, he brought his left leg to the back of his head as he sat on the floor.
Akira Kaburagi
Akira Kaburagi

Back to top Go down

Power training 101 (Open) Empty Re: Power training 101 (Open)

Post by Apocalypse Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:55 am

Jake walked into the basement, he was dressed in a plain white T-shirt with a black color track pants that reached his ankles along with his trademark fingerless gloves and a pair of sneakers. He was also wearing his regular black jacket, just in case he had to use his wings in the basement for some reason.

Making his way into the basement, Jake noticed that he was a little early and that no one was there yet except for the teacher, he had silvery with hair, almost caramel colored skin and stood at six feet. He was wearing casual clothing, probably because the class he was teaching was a hands on class, "Good afternoon, I guess I'm your student this year. My name's Jake, what's yours?"
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Kaburagi Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:08 am

Akira was still in the middle of his own thoughts when he heard the sound of sneakers upon the concrete before Jake even came into the gymnasium. His stretching not done yet as he brought his other foot behind his head now as Jake came into the room and looked at him before introducing himself. He was a rather casual student Akira thought to himself as he brought his leg back down now and stood up slowly while arching his back out almost like a cat would when they stretched after a good nap. Akira flashed a rather warm smile to Jake now "name's Mr. Kaburagi at least by school standards though I find it to be a little awkward to call me that so call me Mr. A or K Jake" his voice deep and smooth though rather carefree as he forsook his full last name.

Now he bent himself over to the side as if trying to touch the ground "what is your ability and do you know any martial arts or fighting styles?" he asked calmly as he bent to the other side now. Akira was versed in several hand to hand combat styles as one could not always rely on their ability to save them, some of his students knew martial arts, others knew how to brawl and some knew nothing about fighting without their abilities so it was necessary to learn where everyone was at.
Akira Kaburagi
Akira Kaburagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:15 am

Jake smiled back at his teacher, he seemed like a nice guy. "Sure I'll stick with Mr A. As far as I know about my powers, I have enhanced speed and strength, my senses are sharper than regular humans, I can breathe fireballs and my skin is tougher than normal except for certain parts of it."

Jake paused as he thought about his teacher's second question, "I don't know and martial arts or fighting styles, but I do have another ability that lets me sharpen my nails into claws and another one that lets me grow wings from my back. Both of those are stronger than steel as far as I can tell." Now that he thought of it, it was pretty stupid to not learn any martial arts and than adapt it so that it could fit his claws and if needed, his wings, into the style to enhance his fighting capabilities, so far the best he had been doing was randomly punching and slashing his enemies, not that he had many.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Kaburagi Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:27 pm

Last stretch came as he listened to Jake explaining his abilities, Akira was bent backward with his hands pressing against his spine to get several nice cracks from it. "Hmm with your abilities knowing how to fight would be very useful for you" he commented as he turned his attention towards Jake completely now. He looked thoughtful now as he tried to decide on a fighting style that would suit Jake, "with claws stronger than steel we should avoid nukite or else you'll end up killing your opponent" he said softly.

"Perhaps muay thai would be good for you, definitely new style not old as that centers around breaking the opponent before killing them" he said casually. His golden eyes looked at Jake's now "what would you like to learn? do you have a preference to punches or kicks? maybe elbows?" he asked curiously.
Akira Kaburagi
Akira Kaburagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:52 pm

Jake frowned and thought about his answer for a second, "I don't know really, I don't have a preference on how I fight, punches and kicks are both fine, I wouldn't mind using elbows either, it sounds useful." Jake answered, wondering what the teacher would do with this information.

Jake paused for a moment and remembered his teacher's earlier words on how Muay Thai centered around breaking the opponent before killing them, "That muay thai you mentioned earlier sounds interesting, perhaps I could learn that and find some way to incorporate my claws into the style?"
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Kaburagi Tue May 01, 2012 12:08 am

Akira looked at Jake with a curious gleam to his eyes as he listened to his answer, seems that Jake honestly had no idea how to go about this so Akira would have to help him every step of the way. When Jake mentioned bringing his claws into the mix Akira's eyes gained a little hardness to them, "claws stronger than steel and you want to attack someone with them?" he asked in a calm but low tone now. Perhaps Jake hadn't truly understood what kind of damage he could do with such weapons, he could cripple or even kill someone if he struck them directly with his claws.

"Answer this question before you answer the first" he said quickly "why would you fight someone?" he asked in a firm tone so Jake would know to give a real answer and not some half assed answer like because he was strong. Akira wanted to know if he was dealing with a violent student who would use his training to fight a lot because he could or if he was dealing with a composed protective type of student.
Akira Kaburagi
Akira Kaburagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Tue May 01, 2012 12:18 am

Jake's eyes widened at his teacher's comment on his claws and his second question. Jake thought about the question for a while, Mr A wanted a real answer and not some bullshit answer, "I would fight to defend myself or for spars, if I make any friends and they were in danger then I'd fight to protect them as well." Jake took a deep breath and continued, "As for the first question, I wasn't really thinking about the damage they could do, more about how it would be a little ridiculous to not use something I have in my arsenal. It's pretty stupid now that I think about it, they could kill someone if I wasn't careful." Jake truly hadn't thought about how easy it would be to kill someone with his claws, he hadn't had that much experience using them in a real fight before after all, there weren't many opportunities, but now that he thought about it, each time he had used his claws ended up pretty brutal.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Kaburagi Tue May 01, 2012 12:35 am

Akira could see that the implications of what he said were sinking into Jake's brain now, he wondered how often Jake had swung those claws at someone without thinking about it. As Jake verbally confirmed that he understood what Akira was asking him the seriousness seemed to vanish from the teacher's face. He smiled widely and clapped Hake on the should "good answer because if you had given me a stupid answer I would have had to sock in you the head" he said jokingly.

"Okay so new rules for you and your ability no using claws unless you are ready to accept the damage you will do with them Jake" he said calmly. "Two unlock your seal because we are going to do some training right now" he said in a cheerful tone before backing up a few steps, though he looked rather laid back Akira had already removed his seal with a single thought and was thinking of the best transformation to deal with Jake's abilities.
Akira Kaburagi
Akira Kaburagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Tue May 01, 2012 12:55 am

Jake nodded, accepting the new rules rather easily, he didn't use the claws unless the situation was dire anyway, he was slightly surprised at his teacher's quick change in mood though but he didn't show it. Unlocking his seal, Jake's seal gloved red under his fingerless gloves, the symbol making itself known for a couple of seconds before disappearing, Jake instantly felt his power increase, "Alright, the seal's unlocked, let's get started." Jake said as he took a couple steps backwards, "By the way, just to clear things up, will I be able to use all my powers for this training session?" Jake wanted to be clear about the rules before he started firing out fireballs and got scolded for it if it wasn't allowed.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Kaburagi Tue May 01, 2012 1:09 am

Akira decided he would go with diamond skin as that would most definitely be the best idea against enhanced strength and fire balls coming from Jake. The sound glass breaking seemed to fill the air as his skin began to change, shimmering in the light as he became a statue of diamond suddenly. "Ah feels good to use my power again"his voice seemed to resonate through his new form as he looked at Jake calmly.

Every little movement caused a tinkling sound as if someone was dropping glass onto the concrete, "go ahead even use your claws if you want Jake at least for the first part so I can gauge your speed, strength and reflexes" he said in that almost echoing voice now. "Don't worry about hurting me as you can see I have a very good power at my disposal" he said playfully before bring his hand up and waving towards himself as if goading Jake to come after him.
Akira Kaburagi
Akira Kaburagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Tue May 01, 2012 1:16 am

Jake's eyes widened as he heard the sound of glass breaking and saw his teacher become a moving statue of diamond. Every time Mr A moved it sounded as if glass was dropping onto the concrete and his voice seemed to echo, but he got the answer he wanted. Jake smirked as Mr A goaded him to attack, "Let's begin then." With that, Jake let loose a fireball the size of a cannon ball from his mouth, the seal being unactivated gave him enough of a boost to do that. Jake then used the fireball as a distraction to discard his jacket onto the ground a considerable distance away from them, just in case he needed to use his wings.

Turning back to his teacher, Jake dashed forward with at a high speed, the fireball was nearly reaching him now, Jake readied a punch to his teacher's face and prepared another fireball. He would also use the punch to his teacher's face as a distraction and attempt to knee him in the gut, not that it would do much with the diamond skin.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Kaburagi Tue May 01, 2012 1:28 am

Oh a fireball right off the bat not really a surprise but still a little amusing to Akira, Jake was relying to heavily on an attack that wouldn't hurt him in this form. The fireball might have done damage if it were much more powerful but diamonds wouldn't melt from such a little one, he smiled as he moved forward rather than dodging the attack. He hit the fireball straight on letting the flames spread out around him as he pushed through easily looking Jake in the eyes as he came out. The distraction would be decent if he had actually thought about it but instead he had followed up with a direct physical attack without worrying about what Akira might do in return.

"Don't just throw out random attacks like that Jake" he said calmly as instead of attacking he pushed forward even more and went right passed his student without much effort as it seemed Jake was focusing on attacking. "You have to remember that some out there will use that opportunity to counter instead of dodging" he said as he turned around to look at Jake's back. "Especially if they can takes multiple attacks because they will be prepared to do so, these are the most dangerous of opponent's because they are willing to risk their life to take yours".
Akira Kaburagi
Akira Kaburagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Tue May 01, 2012 1:44 am

Jake's eyes widened as his teacher just brushed past each of his attacks with ease, he focused on the lecture, building up as much power in his flame as possible as he listened. Jake turned around at the end of the mini-lecture, "Alright then, round two." Jake muttered before he jumped back and took a deep breath before two dragon-like wings burst from his back and he flew a dozen feet upwards before diving diagonally towards his teacher, only to swerve to the side at the last five feet, spinning and landing on the ground before pushing off it powerfully and aiming a punch to his teacher's fist with as much strength as he could muster.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Kaburagi Tue May 01, 2012 1:54 am

Akira could see that Jake was definitely eager to learn so that was good but he was still naive, it was clear to the more experienced fighter that Jake was aiming for something. Akira would have teach him everything apparently but that was entertaining in it's own way, while Jake flew into the air with impressive wings at his back Akira just stood there. He had no guard or fight stance yet there were very little openings with his relaxed form, he might be made of diamond but he was feeling very loose and ready to dodge or counter any move that Jake made.

His entire focus was on Jake and Jake alone because he was the only opponent, as he dove down Akira found it hard to track him almost. He might be the more experienced but Jake had speed and strength on him thanks to his ability. Akira could enhance his speed or strength but his diamond skill would disappear then as he could only use one thing at a time. The feint was good and fast but it was too obvious where he was aiming at, Jake probably assumed punching the head was the easiest way to win. Akira ducked and stepped forward at the same time hearing the whistling of Jake's fist over his head 'note to self never take a hit from that without diamond skin' he thought. Now as close as he was he simply tapped his fist against Jake's stomach right below the sternum, "solar plexus shot because you are off balance from throwing a hard punch would knock the wind out of you" he said calmly.
Akira Kaburagi
Akira Kaburagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Tue May 01, 2012 2:08 am

Dang, Jake wasn't expecting his teacher to be able to dodge that one, and he pointed out another mistake, "I see, I guess I'll have to guard more then." Jake replied as he flapped his wings and flew back into the air a few feet away from Mr A. Jake frowned in thought, so far all his attempts to his the guy weren't working, maybe it was time for a new strategy, he had stored and build up enough fire power in him to try this one.

Jake flew higher into the air and spat out three cannon ball sized flames before he started flying in quick circles around the silver haired man, shooting out fireballs from every direction before he dived towards him again, shooting out a human sized fireball with the last of his stored energy, Jake then dived through the fireball, his hands, now claws extended towards his teacher, and spun at a rapid speed. The fireball spun around him in a drill like manner as Jake flew towards 's teacher.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Kaburagi Tue May 01, 2012 2:28 am

Akira decided to go with a boxing stance as with Jake's enhanced strength he might simply catch a kick and throw him away, he didn't know how strong Jake might be but it was better to be cautious. He went with the peek a boo style which sounded cute but was quite useful as it allowed Akira to maintain a low center of gravity as he lowered his stance and hunches whilst using his elbows to block the stomach area, and both fists covering the chin ultimately showing nothing but his eyes beneath the fists.

His body began to sway before he took off with speed dodging the fireballs with ease letting them crash into the floor with no damage to himself. He was dodging them all one by one though it was beginning to be a little annoying how many Jake could shoot out. He caught sight of the biggest fireball yet and then it seemed to be spinning around and then he realized what Jake was doing. A flaming drill attack of sorts very creative he thought to himself as he grinned behind his fists, a good attack but it seemed that Jake was underestimating his teacher. Such a straight forward attack was admirable if it actually hit, but Akira waited until the final second to step the the side. He could feel the wind and heat rush by as Jake was just centimeters from connecting as Akira wanted, next came a simple push to the spinning Jake to knock him off balance and to the ground "and fight over" he said firmly. "If I had wanted to I could have punched you in the ribs, head, neck and ended the fight easily because your own speed and power would have been added to mine" he said calmly.
Akira Kaburagi
Akira Kaburagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Tue May 01, 2012 2:39 am

Jake smirked within the fire as he neared his teacher, only for the man to sidestep at the last moment and push him, "Holy-" Jake was cut off as he was pushed to the side, he couldn't stop spinning in time and drilled into the ground, the fire had extinguished a few seconds after coming into contact with the concrete and Jake finally retracted his claws and extended both hands outwards to stop his spinning. It was only due to his acute hearing that he could hear his teacher's words. "GOT IT!" Jake yelled from the hole he made in the ground as he retracted his wings and climbed out, the hole being wider than himself as his wings had be extended. He got out in a couple of minutes and dusted himself off, muttering about never doing that again.

Jake turned back to his teacher and said, "So what now?" He wasn't all that tired, the fight hadn't been that long and he was eager to start learning how to correct all the flaws that he had made in that fight.

Last edited by The Duke Wintermaul on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Kaburagi Tue May 01, 2012 3:00 am

'Jesus christ this kid as some serious damage potential' Akira thought to himself as he watched the kid smash into the ground and he beat the ground by drilling right into it. 'Definitely don't want to have to try and take that head on anytime soon' he thought as he released the diamond skin, the sound of cracking glass seemed to fill the air as his caramel colored skin returned to it's natural color. He gave a little stretch while waiting for Jake to climb out of the hole that he had made in the gym floor, he was not exactly happy about that but better than that hitting him.

As Jake got out and asked what now Akira smiled widely "well you have got the speed and strength for sure but your reflexes could still use some work" he said calmly. "You also need to work on not aiming where you are trying to aim" he said cryptically "but we will get to that another time" he said casually. "Now based on what I have seen there really is no martial art that suits you perfectly so we are gonna go with a mix up of styles".
Akira Kaburagi
Akira Kaburagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Tue May 01, 2012 4:10 am

Jake nodded, trying to figure out what his teacher had meant about not aiming where he tried to aim, he figured he didn't mean it literally and had some hidden message but he pushed that thought to the back of his head. "Cool, what styles are we gonna mix and which one are we gonna start on first?" Jake asked, excited at the prospect of mixing up a few fighting styles to suit him. It would be a huge upgrade compared to his random brawling and spur of the moment maneuvers. That fire drill had potential though, if he had been a little smarter and managed to distract his teacher more it might have been able to hit. Then again it would probably kill anyone thanks to both the flames and his claws, and added damage due to the rotation? He didn't even want to find out what it could do to a regular person.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Kaburagi Sat May 05, 2012 3:14 am

As far as potential went Jake definitely had more than he knew Akira thought to himself as he looked at the excited young man. In a bit of time he probably wouldn't need Akira or anyone else to train him, 'how nice to be so young and talented' he thought to himself jokingly while Jake asked about what kind of styles they would mix together. "Well we definitely have to stay away from certain styles but probably gonna use muay thai , karate, aikido along with a few others" he said calmly while thinking about how he would train the student. "The main thing we need to train though is your ability to maintain the power, how long can you keep your powers active?" he asked curiously as it would definitely be easier if he could maintain the ability for a while.

(Sorry for the wait, got stomach flu and stuff going on with work about payment because they went under so won't be able to reply a ton.)
Akira Kaburagi
Akira Kaburagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Sat May 05, 2012 3:34 am

[No problem, stomach flu sucks and work is more important anyway. Take your time.]

Jake nodded at the list of styles, while he didn't know the details about any of the styles, he knew enough to know that they were good and that anything would be better than his random brawling. Jake tilted his head at the question of his ability, "Well, I'm not sure actually. They've been active since the moment I discovered them. Well the hardened skin, enhanced strength, speed and senses anyway. Flying won't tire me out unless I'm going at high speeds for a long time, similar to running. Fireballs will only tire me out if I use large amounts of fire at once for a little while, like the amount I used at the end before the fire drill. Otherwise I'd be fine with shooting out a few once every couple of minutes." Jake informed, rather happy about his ability and how they could be kept active at all times, of course he had practiced with his fire quite a lot since he'd discovered his powers so they didn't drain him nearly as much as they probably were supposed to.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down