Darks University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soul Searching

3 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Soul Searching Empty Soul Searching

Post by Mark Echo Sat May 05, 2012 1:36 pm

These ruins were always empty, Mark would often spend time around these ruins. It was his only escape from the world, but it wasn't something he would be proud of. It reminded him of his past, the time when he was a Soldier, with only one goal, to eliminate ability users. It was his dark past that nobody knows about, the records about his hits and marks have been burned.

Mark walked through some ruins, he entered an enterence of some ruined house, he couldn't tell, his eyesight was slightly weakened due to his ability. A few minutes ago he drank water. He moved his hand on the wall so he knew where he was going, but at that moment he stopped. "With my luck I will fall in a pit or something.." He said chuckling slightly as he then leaned his back on the wall, crossing his arms in front of him, waiting for the ability to wear of.. With any luck it will pass, for about two or three hours. He could risk it, but he would probably get hurt or something..
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Soul Searching Empty Re: Soul Searching

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat May 05, 2012 1:52 pm

She got up. Where was she? She looked around. Everything was trashed. There was a thick layer of fog above her. She was laying in a filthy puddle. She got up and tried to wipe the water and dirt from her clothes. She would have to shower when she got home. If she got home. She had no idea where she was. She sighed a bit. She saw somebody walk into a building. He looked a little frightening, but he was her only hope. She walked. She couldn't help but have her hands shake a bit. She stood in the doorway of the building the boy was in. "Hello...?" Her voice was soft and quiet. She trembled a bit, her blue eyes trying to keep a focus on the boy.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

https://darks-university.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Echo Sat May 05, 2012 2:00 pm

Mark sighed, looking at the wall, seeing only darkness. These were the times those breaking memories of his past would appear right in front of his eyes. Moments later he heard someone walking towards the enterence, he was cautious, but as he heard her soft voice he started to walk towards her. He could hear her hands shaking, even tho it was impossible for someone to hear. "Hey there.." Mark couldn't see, he was blind, all he could do was walk slowly, rely on his hearing. "What are you doing in a place like this?" By the tone of her voice he knew it was a girl, but what age? What was she doing here? Was she hurt? He stopped walking as he came a meter away from the girl, his white eyes were half open as he looked at the girl, he had a soft smile on his face. He talked in a soft voice, trying not to scare her.
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat May 05, 2012 2:05 pm

The boy was calm. That was good. She looked over him. His eyes were half-open. She chewed her lip. The boy's eyes looked so blank and empty. She wondered... Nah. Probably just her seeing things weird. She gripped the door frame. "I... uh... I don't actually know." He was polite. She was feeling okay. Not too scared. She wondered what happened... She fell asleep in her room and just ended up here when she was awake. Maybe the town was destroyed! No... she would've woken, or been hurt, right? Maybe somebody brought her here...
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Echo Sat May 05, 2012 2:15 pm

Mark could see that she was confused, almoust like.. Did she lose her memory? It has happened to Mark as well, but only using his ability. Which questioned him, does she have any hidden abilities? But he shook his head slightly, clearing his mind of those thoughs. He then moved to her side slowly, leaning a bit towards her, he didn't see but he tried not to show that. Maybe it would scare her. He then offered her his hand. "Do you need any help?" He said soflty as she could clearly see his white eyes, brighter than his hair color. Mark's every action was slower, not trying to show agression, he was polite, even tho he didn't know what she looked like, her voice was so pure, a melody to his ears, he was gladly going to help her.
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat May 05, 2012 2:22 pm

The boy stepped closer to her and held out a hand. She took a step back. He was a little too close. She swallowed hard. "Uh... I... y-yeah." She took a deep breath. She hoped she didn't offend the boy by stepping away. "C-could you... could you show me the way back to town...?" She couldn't keep her eyes focused on the boy. She stared down at the ground. She felt so uncomfortable. The boy was being polite, but she still didn't feel very good here. She didn't want to be here. She closed her eyes and waited for a response.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Echo Sat May 05, 2012 4:12 pm

Seeing that she wouldn't accept his hand made him smile politely, he understood. Even he wouldn't accept someone elses hand if he didn't know them well. "Ofcourse. It isn't a problem.. But can you wait a second? Please?" He asked her as he then moved his hand over his left eye, concentrating. "This is going to hurt..." He though as he concentrated hard, like he was trying to turn something off. Moments later he felt pain in his left eye as it changed it's color slowly to black. He was turning his ability off, it was something he hardly ever did, there was one good reason why. It hurt like hell. His left eye was now black, blood started to flow from his eye, slowly down his left cheek. He could see, but if he tries to do this again in the future he could forever stay blind. "Sorry about that.." He apologized. His left eye was now black as his right one remained white.
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat May 05, 2012 4:25 pm

The boy asked her to wait a bit. The boy's hand was over one of his eyes. What was going on... wait... Was that? Her eyes opened wide in fear. Blood was coming out of his eye. What was happening? She didn't feel safe. She took a couple steps back. She... she.... she couldn't run. She was able to defend herself. She reached up and held the hilt of the weapon on her back. She was about to hold it in position before the boy spoke up about. One eyes was black, one was white. She didn't understand. "Uh..." She was still pretty scared. "It's alright..." She looked down at the ground. She was scared.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Echo Sat May 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Mark could see that she was frightened. He then whipped the blood off, still feeling the pain which made him close his right eye. "Please, don't be afraid." He moved his hand to his side again. "How could I lead you if I was blind?" He spoke with a soft tone, trying to show her that he means no harm and that he is here to help her. Mark knew that she was reaching for her weapon, if she attacked him he wouldn't retaliate, he would only defend himself. "You don't have to trust me... I will not harm you in any way.." He then opened his left eye, it was strange, having those cursed eyes, but he was used to it..
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat May 05, 2012 4:50 pm

So the boy was blind? But only sometimes... she didn't understand. She was still wary, but she dropped her hand back to her side. She still trembled a bit and looked to the side. "Please..." She was so scared right now, despite how nice this boy was being. "I just want to know where I am..." She closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths. How far could she be from the school? How did she even get here?
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Echo Sat May 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Mark sighed looking around the place. "Well... We are in some old ruins." He added, even he wasn't sure, mostly he would come here when his ability was active. "There is a path that leads to the city.." At that point Mark walked next to Kasi, exiting the ruined house, if she didn't trust him he would just point the way. But she reminded him of a person he knew, he moved his hand slightly touching the necklace around his neck, he stopped in his tracks just a few steps from the house. "Sarah.." He whispered softly looking up at the stars in the sky. Then he moved his look back at the girl, waiting for her. He rotated his torso a bit, it was best for him to help her but that he doesn't get emotionally attached. For her own safety.
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat May 05, 2012 5:10 pm

She nodded. "Alright." She followed the boy. He whispered something. She couldn't hear it. Must be something private. She wouldn't interfere. She had a question for him, but she was a little scared of what the answer might be. If it was anything but what she was expecting she would be a little scared. "So... uh... what's the name of the city we're headed to?" If she was in another city she would be terrified. She wouldn't know anybody in this new place. She wouldn't even know how to get back home. It was such a small, obscure place she lived...
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Echo Sat May 05, 2012 5:21 pm

Mark turned towards the road that he had to lead the girl, yeah, it was that road. At first he wasn't sure but after a second his instincts and memory kicked in. "Well.. I think it's called Megiddo... You probably go to Darks, right?" He started walking down the road, as he looked back at the girl. "You should stay close to me, Ill lead you to wherever you wish." He added as he continued to walk down the road in a slow pace, just in case the girl can't keep up with him. Mark was used traveling using his ability, with flickering speed he could cover a lot of ground in a few seconds, but it wasn't good for his body as it was pushing his limits.
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat May 05, 2012 5:28 pm

She breathed a sigh of relief. Megiddo. Perfect. Anywhere else and she would be terrified. She didn't even know anywhere else. She took the boy's offer and stepped a little closer to him. "Yeah, I go to Darks." She was guessing the boy figured out by her scythe. No other kid her age would be carrying around a giant weapon like this. She stared at the ground, only looking up to make sure she was still near the boy. "I'm guessing you go there, too?"
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Echo Sat May 05, 2012 5:42 pm

Mark nodded, the scythe that the girl was carrying held was a very strong weapon. He guessed that she was probably strong, possibly stronger than him. "Yes, I am there to live my life and forget about the past.." He said, every few steps he would move his look towards the girl, it was like the past was walking right behind him. Sarah. Even tho he knew that he will never see her again it was probably for the best. "To me, Darks is my second chance to make things right.." He said moving his look back at the road. The things he said was true, but there was another thing, hidden inside him that he has to do.
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat May 05, 2012 5:48 pm

She nodded. She didn't like getting too personal, but this was too good an opportunity to give up. "I'm in pretty much an opposite situation. I'm trying to recall my past. It all disappeared very recently." She looked up to the boy when she spoke, but stared back at the ground when she finished. She was still a little shy. The boy was nice enough to bring her home, but she still couldn't trust him completely Maybe he was the one who brought her out here...
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Echo Sat May 05, 2012 5:57 pm

Mark looked left then right, it was reflexive, soldier thing. He was always cautious about many things. "Life is like that.. Trust me, one day you will recall your past. But at that point, will you be happy? Or will you regret ever wishing such thing.." He said softly, giving her words though. But one thing was sure, he should try to protect her until that happens. She is an easy target for the government, who knows what "new toys" they created.
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat May 05, 2012 6:09 pm

She shrugged. "I can't know until I know. Maybe I'll be glad I remembered. Maybe I won't. I can't know for sure." The boy's words were a little disconcerting. She tried to stand up for herself. She twiddled her fingers. She thought she could see some lights in the distance. Maybe it was the city? She couldn't be sure. She hadn't been to town during the night yet since she woke up by the lake. She rubbed her arms. She was a little cold. And still wet...
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Echo Sat May 05, 2012 6:21 pm

Mark could see that she was cold, in an instant he stopped and turned towards the girl making her stop. He took off his jacket and offered it to her. "Please, I don't want you to catch a cold." Taking of the jacket, the girl could notice bandages around Mark's chest and arms. "And please don't tell me that it isn't cold." It really was a bit cold but Mark was trained to endure these cold weathers. He has been a soldier for so long.. A weapon for some motives that even he didn't understand. But here he is, offering his jacket to a stranger.
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat May 05, 2012 6:35 pm

The boy offered a jacket. She didn't want to take it from him. He would be cold. She didn't know. "But... then you would be cold." She stopped with the boy and looked up at him. It was true. She really didn't want the boy to suffer because of her. He was being to nice already. She chewed on her lip. The wind blew. She shut her eyes and shuddered a bit. Maybe she should just take the jacket...
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Echo Sat May 05, 2012 6:47 pm

Mark then walked closer to Kasi, he put his jacket around her shoulders. He had a soft smile on his face, showing kindness. "Please, don't worry about me.. I will be fine. I survived worst things.. Besides, you need it more than I do.." Taking of the jacked the cross necklace that he was wearing was now showing. The bandages around his arms and shoulder still had blood stains, but the bandages around his chest, they were older ones. Mark didn't change the bandages on his chest, the wounds on his chest still sting, reminding him that he is still alive.
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat May 05, 2012 6:59 pm

The boy wrapped the jacket around her anyway. She was warmer. "Thank you..." She looked over him. There were a lot of bandages and some bleeding. She closed the jacket and looked at the ground. "Are you alright?" He had lots of cuts. They could all be fixed up at the school. the nurse was very good. She blinked a couple time. Strange... she didn't recall ever meeting the nurse. How did she know that?
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Echo Sat May 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Mark smiled slightly as she thanked him, then the strangest thing happened, she blinked after she mentioned the nurse. "Ill be fine, some cuts, bruises, bullets.. It will all go away in time.. But I can see you remembered something.." Mark noticed it, he also had those moments when he couldn't remember something, like her, his ability cost him a lot of memories. "Believe me, your memories are more important than me..." He had a soft smile on his face, then he slowly turned around and started walking down the road, it was going to be a long walk.
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat May 05, 2012 7:15 pm

The boy noticed. Wow... he was pretty perceptive. She nodded. She wasn't really sure. "I don't exactly know... it was something. But I don't know..." She hid herself in the jacket. It was comfy. The boy was smiling again. She stared at the ground. Strange... was that a memory? She hadn't felt that feeling before. It was so odd. She rubbed her arms to keep warm.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Echo Sat May 05, 2012 7:32 pm

Mark stopped again, seeing that the girl didn't start to follow him. He sighed looking at her, then he closed his eyes. "I believe that your memories lay somewhere deep inside your mind. Each day you will remember something. If you give it some time, I'm sure you will remember everything." He said in a soft tone, with deep though he said those words giving a more effective impact. "There are a lot of people that do know you and that care about you. Don't make the same mistake as me.." He then opened his eyes looking up at the sky, thinking about the past..
Mark Echo
Mark Echo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next