Darks University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A walk in a forest (Private, Hunter & Kasi)

3 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

A walk in a forest (Private, Hunter & Kasi) - Page 2 Empty Re: A walk in a forest (Private, Hunter & Kasi)

Post by Hunter Kieff Wed May 02, 2012 7:53 pm

Hunter didn't have enough time to dodge Jake's kick when he was forced to deal with. The flames weren't as big as before, but they still hurt like nobody's business. Due to his last second flinch after being burned, he raised both of his hands and pushed right against the spinning kick. The scorched palms burned intensely as the skin began to rip off, causing a stream of blood to drip down the length of his arm, "Argh!" Was all he could say through his gritted teeth before he moved to grip his opponent by the ankles.

From there he would flip his arms upward to send Jake into a backflip of sorts. Once his back was exposed, Hunter would leap right into the air next to him and make one rotation as his right leg was brought up for a thrust kick aimed directly at the center of his opponent's spine. With the amount of energy he was able to take in from having to stop Jake right in his tracks combined with the spinning kick, it would be more than enough to snap the average human in two.
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

A walk in a forest (Private, Hunter & Kasi) - Page 2 Empty Re: A walk in a forest (Private, Hunter & Kasi)

Post by Apocalypse Wed May 02, 2012 10:54 pm

Jake smirked as he watched his spinning kick rip some of the skin off Hunter's scorched palms, he quickly sprouted his wing again in order to move away, however his ankles were grabbed by the smoker in a strong grip, he was then sent into a back flip by Hunter. As Jake was sent into the back flip, he quickly flapped his wing and spun around, changing his fingerless gloves into his titanium gauntlets as he spun. Jake quickly placed both of his hands in front of the center of his stomach, blocking the thrust kick. What Jake didn't expect was to be sent flying backwards due to the force of the kick.

"What the hell!?" Jake yelled as he flew through the air, his wing and a portion of his back colliding with a tree before he finally came to a stop. Examining his gauntlets he found that they were breaking apart and his hands probably probably slightly fractured bones now. "Damn, you hit hard." Jake said as he built up some fire power within his body.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Thu May 03, 2012 3:23 am

Hunter landed softly on the ground and exhaled the smoke he held in his lungs, "And even though you know I hit hard, you still keep trying to trade blows with me!" He said, tapping the ashes, "I know you're trying to pound my head in and all, but a foreword approach just isn't going to work. I have a better reach than you, I hit harder, and I'm not very predictable." Hunter placed the cigarette back into his mouth for another drag, "But you have range, utility and endurance. Those fireballs of yours are pretty tough to work with, but why don't you try combining them with your physical attacks? That way, even if I win the trade-off you still do some real damage to me." He held his palms out to show just how bad they looked, "See what you're capable of doing to me?"
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Thu May 03, 2012 3:41 am

Jake chuckled at Hunter's words, "All true, but then again this is just a spar and I don't want you getting burned up too badly." Jake then looked at his gauntlets again, they weren't as bad as he thought, just cracked in several spots, Jake experimentally clenched and unclenched his fist, they hurt a little but he could still work with this. "I guess I'll go with what you suggested. My gauntlets are still working properly and they can take another couple of hits." Jake smirked, he wasn't gonna hold back on his fire any longer, taking a deep breath, Jake compressed the fire stored in him as best he could and shot it out. A fireball the size of a basketball flew out, aimed towards Hunter's feet, unlike the rest of his fireballs so far, this one had a large amount of flames compressed into it, it would explode on contact with the ground. Jake watched as the ball of compressed flames flew, already beginning to store flames in him again.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Thu May 03, 2012 4:30 am

As soon as he noticed that the ball of flames was barreling towards his feet, Hunter leaped back and took note of the way it exploded against the ground. If he let a thing like that touch him, it would spell nothing short of disaster. His hands were already scorched and rubbed raw, something like that could do some serious damage, "I would appreciate if you didn't light the whole damn forest on fire, Sparky." He said, running back to stomp out the the growing flame, "Tricks like that would be better suited for a real fight maybe. In a suitable area. A little restraint now and again wouldn't be go amiss." He looked up to Jake and smiled, taking a small drag, "Then again, my ability is good for nothing but destruction."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Thu May 03, 2012 4:44 am

Jake let a smile cross his face as he watched his fireball explode against the ground, he nodded to Hunter, "Agreed, I'll save the exploding ones for a real fight." The smile on Jake's face turned into a smirk, "Of course, my ability is great for destruction too, smoky." Jake then did an experiment, he encased both of his entire gauntlets in flames by channeling the stored fire inside him into the gauntlets and had the flames surround it instead of taking the shape of a ball. "Cool, I can't believe that actually worked." Jake said as he waved his flaming gauntlet about. Jake then punched with his right gauntlet towards Hunter, three tennis ball sized fireballs flew out, it seemed that Jake still couldn't increase the size of the fireballs flying out of his gauntlet, but it was alright. He got a new trick to use after all.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Thu May 03, 2012 8:40 pm

Hunter laughed at Jake's little nickname for him. It wasn't the best one he was given, but at least it was a start, "Leave the nicknames to me, guy." He nodded his approval at Jake's improvement to the weapon he had, but before he could give him a little praise the guy blasted another three fireballs at him. They were smaller and weaker than the other, but they would still do a bit of damage. He sidestepped the first two but turned his shoulder to the third just so he could get a feeling for the kind of pain it would bring. Even though it was much weaker than the basketball sized fireballs, the small one still gave enough kick to make him take a step back. The cloth on his shoulder was burned along with a bit of skin on the first layer, "And now I know how bad that one hurts."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Thu May 03, 2012 11:32 pm

Jake grinned, "That's the limit of the fire coming out of my gauntlets for now, I'm looking for ways to increase that." Jake said as he built up more power in the gauntlets, increasing the size of the flames encasing it. "Well then, it seems like the fire power is only when I decide to shoot it out. Interesting, I'll have to find out more about that when we get back to the school. But for now, back to the spar." Jake then shot out three more fireballs out of his mouth, his regular basketball sized ones this time. Deciding to test his new weapon, Jake then dashed forward behind the flames, aiming a punch to Hunter's gut, then he would see which direction Hunter would dodge and Jake would release all the stored flames in the gauntlet in that direction, hopefully hitting the smoker.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Fri May 04, 2012 12:23 am

It seemed that no matter what happened, Jake continued to charge him head on while using the flames as cover. The first couple of times it was surprising and unexpected, but Hunter had grown tired of the technique altogether. The guy already knew that he had the advantage in a fist fight, yet he just kept on coming. Instead of dodging to the side like usual, Hunter jumped back and slammed his own fist directly through the center fireballs. The pain was close to unbearable, but it was the only real way he could try to finish the fight for good. Due to the partial fractures in Jake's fist, Hunter already knew that whatever punch he had in store would need to be held back if he didn't want to shatter his hand. Once through the flames, Hunter's fist collided with his opponent's gauntlet. The spikes from earlier stabbed right into it, but his concussive blast would have been enough to knock them right back out. From there he took his free hand and grabbed on to Jake's second gauntlet, absorbing the force. He howled in pain when the spikes impaled him right through the palm, but whatever flames that were about to come out were stopped by the hand. At that point both of his own hands would be useless for fighting, "That fucking hurt!" He shouted, rearing his head back once again and threw himself foreword. His own forehead was aimed right at the bridge of Jake's nose again. So even though he took a high amount of damage from the assault, he still had his arms and legs to work with.
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Fri May 04, 2012 12:34 am

Jake frowned as Hunter neutralized both of his flames and busted his hand(and the gauntlet), he quickly redirected the remaining flames from his remaining gauntlet back to his mouth where he could actually make use of it. This proved to be a good choice as Hunter reared his head back, Jake immediately spat several tennis ball sized flames at the smoker's head just as he threw himself forward. As the flames quickly neared him, Jake reared his own head back and thrust out with his right leg in an attempt to kick Hunter away.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Fri May 04, 2012 12:50 am

Hunter was already committed to the headbutt, so he couldn't stop from being scorched across the left side of his face. The force was enough to knock his own head right back plus the kick Jake gave in an attempt to thrust him away. However due to the talon shape of his claws, his gauntlet was still stuck right in Hunter's hand. Words couldn't explain the level of pain he was going through. Not only was the skin effected, but his left eye was burned out; rendering him blind in one side. With the still solid grip on Jake's gauntlet, Hunter pulled him right back toward the thrust kick he had aimed on his solar plexus. He managed to take in a lot of energy from the constant motion on top of his previous attack being stopped. But even with the shape of his spikes, the force would be enough to separate the two. Not before ripping through his own hand, however. It started as a friendly spar to test skill, but it quickly was escalating to a real fight, "You burned out my fucking eye!" Hunter would scream at the top of his lungs, clutching his face in agony, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!" There weren't too many things that could make him shriek like that, but in such a short amount of time; Hunter went through far too much.
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Fri May 04, 2012 1:05 am

Jake's eyes widened the fireball hit the side of Hunter's face, his left eye was probably horribly burned now. Not only that, but the kick wasn't enough to get Hunter loose from the spikes on his gauntlet. He wasn't expected Hunter to pull himself right back towards his kick though, but it worked, both of them were separated now. Jake winced at the screams, it was even worse with his enhanced hearing. Forget about the fight, we have to get to the infirmary now! If we make it there in time Togi should be able to fix your eye!" Jake called out to Hunter urgently, it couldn't be called a spar anymore. Injuries like Hunter's didn't happen in spars, nor did broken bones either.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Fri May 04, 2012 1:42 am

Hunter glared directly at Jake from where he stood, "So now you decide I'm too fucked up to keep going, right? I told you once that those fucking gauntlets of yours weren't meant for a spar. Then you knew that even though they were smaller, those balls of fire still burned right through my clothes only to be stopped by the skin. Did you ever stop to think just how bad you could hurt me by shooting not one, not two, but several of those things into my FACE!" He pointed at his scorched skin, including the eye, "You don't understand restraint at all! The only damned reason I escalated my power was because you had the durability to take it, but unlike you I don't have the luxury of super strong skin and bones." With that he began the long walk back to the school, struggling to remember which way he needed to go, "So fuck you, guy!"
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Fri May 04, 2012 1:54 am

Jake shrugged, the rant was true but it didn't make him feel guilty as he supposed other people would. "What's done is done. You better hurry. If you leave your eye like that for too long Togi might not be able to heal it." Jake then began to trail behind Hunter, only to make sure that he made it back to infirmary, the eye was his fault after all, Jake had to make sure that Hunter managed to heal it in time. He didn't feel like being kicked out of the school or something like that for getting another student blind in one eye and he had to fix up his own injuries too. Jake sighed and mentally prepared himself for the verbal beating and perhaps physical punishment that he would have to face once they reached the infirmary.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Sat May 05, 2012 4:52 pm

Hunter could feel his lip twitch when Jake spoke to him, 'what's done is done.' he said. It was like he just didn't give a crap about anyone, "And if you don't shut up, I'll be happy to break your jaw for you." He said, looking back to the guy. The sudden movement caused a surge of pain in the left side of his face and the contents of what was left of his eye began to dribble from the socket, "This is probably the most I've been hurt for a very, very long time. Try to use your damn head a little more!"
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Sat May 05, 2012 7:28 pm

Jake's eye twitched, Hunter was beginning to get a little annoying, it was justified of course, Jake had melted his eye. "And why don't you use your head a little more now? Unless you don't want your eye back stop focusing on me and start heading back to Darks with more speed than strolling." Honestly, at the speed Hunter was going it would take them till nightfall to reach the infirmary.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Sat May 05, 2012 10:52 pm

Hunter sneered when Jake's eye twitched in annoyance, "You getting tired of me, huh? Then do something about it or just keep walking!" As much as he didn't want to admit it, Jake was right about getting to the infirmary in time. But in his mind, his eyes was just too far gone to be replaced by Togi's healing. Sure she could heal just about any wound, but he doubted that she would be able to replace something that wasn't even there any more, "Once again..." he began, "Fuck you!" Then with whatever energy he had stored in his body, Hunter broke off into a full sprint. Each step he took set off another blast that propelled him even further. Even if there was a tree in his way, Hunter slammed directly through it. With all of that momentum it would take nothing short of a freight train to stop him in his tracks.
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Sat May 05, 2012 11:07 pm

Jake ignored Hunter's sneer and comment and simply continued walking, though he was considering releasing his seal and melting the rest of Hunter into a pile of goo. That plan was swiftly thrown into a corner of his mind as Hunter broke off into a sprint, with a sigh, Jake used his enhanced speed and dashed to keep up behind the smoker. He did surprisingly well, managing to stay within hearing range of the smoker. "I didn't take you for a gay Hunter. If I had known I wouldn't have gotten so close to you in that fight just now." Jake called out to the smoker as he ran, easily dodging falling trees caused by Hunter.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Sat May 05, 2012 11:35 pm

That was the final straw. He assumed that Jake would be able to understand why he was being such a jerk, but it didn't seem to get past his think skull. Maybe if he cracked it open a bit, the guy would be able to see things from his point of view. Instead of smashing directly into the tree like before, Hunter jumped up and slammed his shin through the trunk. As it fell he twisted around to place the flats of his feet right against the large tree. He thrust both of his legs out as hard as he could, blasting the tree directly at Jake. Since the two were moving so fast, Mr. Big would have to go over or through it. Either way, Hunter would have a plan to counter him, "Go ahead, keep talking!"
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Sat May 05, 2012 11:55 pm

Jake's eye twitched as he saw the tree get blasted towards him, he started charging fire in his body as he jumped up to avoid the tree. "Look, you're pissed off, I get that but stop wasting time and get to the infirmary. If you wanna beat the crap out of me you're welcome to try after you fix that eye." Jake said as he landed on the ground again and resumed his running, all the while continuing to store fire in him, just in case Hunter tried something like that again. Jake could understand why Hunter was pissed off, he just had an eye melted off and Jake was still being a prick to him.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Sun May 06, 2012 12:08 am

Just when he saw Jake leap into the air, Hunter had the perfect opportunity to strike once again. Like before, he kicked down a large tree and launched it right at the guy. He didn't need to get fixed right that instant. Not only was his face messed up, but Jake's constant chiding kept on picking at him until he couldn't take it anymore. Since Jake was already exposed in the air, he'd have to keep dealing with Hunter until he landed, "You don't get anything, idiot!"
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Sun May 06, 2012 12:14 am

Jake sighed at the move and simply condensed the flames that had been stored in him into a ball and spat it out at the tree, the fireball exploded and the tree broke off into two burning parts. Jake landed on the ground and continued his run. "You know, the nature freaks are gonna kill us for this." Jake joked as he continued his run, storing up more flames in order to counter any more flying trees that Hunter might send at him.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Sun May 06, 2012 2:24 am

Instead of continuing in a beeline, Hunter expelled a fraction of his energy to make a sharp ninety degree left. It was time to actually fight this guy. His own hands would be just about useless for the time being, but he still had a way to keep going on. He skidded to a stop at the small clearing he reached and took a deep breath, exhaling slowly to mask as much of the pain as he could. Jake had range, durability, that other damned claw and some other tricks he had yet to see. Luckily for him there was a shallow creek nearby that would be some use to him in the future. But for now he stepped into the ankle deep water, waiting for Jake to show up.
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Sun May 06, 2012 2:31 am

Jake's eyes widened as Hunter made a sharp ninety degree turn to the left, Jake quickly attempted to make a u-turn but skidded on the ground slightly before he managed to do so. Damn, what the heck was that guy doing? Maybe he wanted to fight again. Just in case, Jake decided to release his seal, he wasn't in good condition, undeniably better than Hunter but he was still damaged. The seals underneath his gauntlets glowed red for a few seconds before disappearing, the power increase was unmistakable to Jake. He dashed off faster than before, he burst through the trees and reached a small clearing with a shallow creak nearby the clearing. Hunter was in the creak waiting for him. "You want to fight again? I just released my seal, you might not want to try your luck with my fire this time."
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Sun May 06, 2012 2:51 am

Hunter used his one good eye to glare at Jake, "Seal or not, I'm still going to kick your ass. You can believe that." He said, adjusting his stance, "And I don't need luck to deal with you. You can't shoot at me forever." With that he released more of the energy he held in his body in a fierce kick on the edge of the creek. The resulting shockwave was strong enough to blast the earth around it in several different directions, redirecting a bit of the water flow. When he realized that the small test worked, Hunter broke off into another sprint and stomped as hard as he could to create another shockwave much larger than the first, "But you're welcome to try."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next