Darks University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A walk in a forest (Private, Hunter & Kasi)

3 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

A walk in a forest (Private, Hunter & Kasi) - Page 3 Empty Re: A walk in a forest (Private, Hunter & Kasi)

Post by Apocalypse Sun May 06, 2012 2:56 am

Jake frowned, Hunter could redirect the water flow with his shock waves, it wasn't smart to waste energy on fire, but it wasn't safe to get up close anyway. Jake slowly let out a smirk, "No thank you, the one that needs to rush now is you. Togi can still fix that eye of yours if you decide get to the infirmary sometime within the next hour or so I believe. But I can wait here for as long as I want, I'm fairly certain that you aren't patient enough to wait for an entire day." Jake said as he walked over to a tree at the side and leaned against it, if his plan worked then Hunter would either run out of the creak and run towards him to hit him or run back to the infirmary, either way worked seeing as if Hunter got out of the creak Jake could use his fire again.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

A walk in a forest (Private, Hunter & Kasi) - Page 3 Empty Re: A walk in a forest (Private, Hunter & Kasi)

Post by Hunter Kieff Sun May 06, 2012 3:03 am

Hunter frowned and decided on his own rebuttal, "Why don't you want to step over here and dance for a bit?" he asked, "You had no qualm about frying my face earlier! So why is it that you won't fight me now? Is it because I have this little creek?" He said, splashing the water a bit with his foot, "Scared of shin deep water?"
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Sun May 06, 2012 3:26 am

Jake simply stayed at his position, leaned against the trees as Hunter made his rebuttal. "No, not really. I already melted one of your eyeballs and both of your arms are unusable, I don't see the point in continuing this now. I have no qualms about finishing this little dance when we're both healed. I managed to damage you this far with my seal active, my seal is deactivated at the moment and all you have are your legs, what makes you think you stand a chance against me now?" Jake asked as he looked up to the sky, almost laid back at the moment. It would only taunt Hunter more.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Sun May 06, 2012 3:45 am

Hunter looked down to his mangled hands and reflection in the water. Even though he had a number done on him, he was never one to give up easily. But where his body failed, he had a will that kept him going, "If you think you're so fuckin' tough, then keep fighting. And I know I have a solid chance in beating you. The deck is obviously stacked against me here. Shit, it's been that way since the beginning and not once did I back down. You have durability, range... Those fucking claws. Let's not forget about your eyes either. So before you decide to write me off, would you be able to keep going if you didn't have all of that?"
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Sun May 06, 2012 4:42 am

Jake's face stayed apathetic throughout Hunter's rant. "No I wouldn't be able to keep going, but you're not the one with the durability are you? I have no interest in fighting someone who has already been crippled. Do you not want your eye Hunter?" Jake asked in a cold voice as he stared at the smoker, this was beginning to get irritating, he had already agreed to fight him again once their injuries were healed, what else did he want? Hunter was being too stubborn, perhaps Jake would have to knock him out or give him more serious burns before he could drag the boy back to the infirmary.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Sun May 06, 2012 3:59 pm

Hunter cracked his neck a couple of times and fell to his knees in the now muddy water. It made his exposed flesh ache in protest, but he ignored the pain. He was aware that Jake's fire would be stronger now, "Well you better get some fuckin' interest." He said before submerging himself in the water. When he came back up, the entirety of his body was covered with a thick layer of soaking wet mud. It was a very, very crude defense measure, "Because I don't fall too easily." With his new layer, Hunter charged out of the murky pool. Each step he took set off another large blast. When he was roughly ten feet away from Jake he prepared a fierce stomp that blasted away the ground below them. He wasn't trying to knock him off balance, however. His aim was to make a crater that Jake would have to climb his way out of. And with one arm, that wouldn't be very easy.
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Sun May 06, 2012 9:03 pm

Jake kept the apathetic expression on his face, ignoring Hunter's words as he watched the boy soak himself in a layer of wet mud that would make his fire do less damage. Jake sighed and continued to build up more fire within him as the mud covered smoker blasted towards him, Jake got ready to jump. This proved to be good as the second that Hunter prepared to make a fierce stomp, Jake jumped up high into the air and shot out three condensed fireballs, each one being the size of a rubber ball you could hold in your palm. These fireballs flew much faster than the original ones he had used while sealed, the explosion that they would make on impact with something solid was also stronger due to how much more compressed they were compared to when he was sealed.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Tue May 08, 2012 3:16 am

Hunter rolled to the right in order to avoid the fireballs that Jake had fired after leaping into the air. The crater he had created from his earlier stomp had begun to slowly fill with water. Just what he needed to keep from being fried. as long as his coat of mud didn't dry, Hunter would be fine. From Jake's position in the air, he was vulnerable to a counter-attack since the guy didn't have any way to maneuver in mid-air since one of his wings was rendered useless. The same could be said for an arm. Hunter re-wet his layer and leaped into the air right after Jake, stopping his ascent no more than a foot above him. The young man tucked in for a front flip and stuck out his right leg, driving it down at the center of Jake's exposed head. He was preparing to slam him right back down into the murky water.
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Tue May 08, 2012 4:31 am

Jake's eyes widened as Hunter jumped into the air, stopping no more than a foot above him. Deciding that it wouldn't hurt to try, Jake channeled more power into the gauntlet on his working arm and pointed it diagonally aimed downwards, forcing out a constant stream of flames that managed to propel him just enough to dodge the kick that Hunter had sent and get him slightly above the smoker. Damn, that move took a lot out of me, I have to practice using streams of flames more often. Jake thought as he lashed out with a kick to Hunter's side, with both of the smoker's arms not in fighting condition the kick should have been able to send Hunter flying back into the ground. Jake started storing the remains of his fire inside his body. I'll have to end this soon. Jake thought grimly as his kick neared Hunter.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Wed May 09, 2012 1:44 am

Just because his hands were broken didn't mean that he was unable to use his arms. He blocked the brunt of the attack with his forearm and wrapped it around to lock Jake in place. From there he pulled back as hard as he could while they fell back down to earth, maneuvering so Jake would be the first to slam in the muddy water. When they were about thirty feet away from the crater, Hunter released his grip and tucked his legs in right before kicking them out as hard as he could. Both were aimed directly at Jake's center. Since it had been a short time since his last big fire blast, he assumed that there wouldn't have been enough to blast himself away again.
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Wed May 09, 2012 2:12 am

Jake narrowed his eyes as Hunter maneuvered Jake so that he would slam into the muddy water first, Jake quickly attempted to build up more fire as he sprouted his right wing and wrapped it around himself, it managed to reach his center where Hunter was aiming with his kick. Jake also positioned his fractured right hand on his chest, beneath his wings. The kick landed, Jake's wing was definitely broken, and his already fractured hand was damaged further. As he flew, Jake positioned his working arm below him, firing out all the remaining flames in a stream in an attempt to slow his descent. Surprisingly it worked, but Jake was as tired as hell now, he made contact with the ground, smacking all the wind out of his lung and sending his head backwards into the ground. The impact wasn't as great as it could've been, but with how much flames he had used up just softening the still hard impact, Jake had practically no energy left, his vision darkened as his eyes closed, falling unconscious in the crater.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Wed May 09, 2012 9:22 pm

Hunter continued his own fall right as Jake plummeted into the crater after attempting to stop himself with another blast of fire. It didn't take him too long to know that the guy was out cold. Hunter slammed into the ground with a splash, his legs almost straddling him, "Now..." Hunter said, gasping for breath as he placed his left hand against Jake's collar, "I need to get you out of here..." He grit his teeth in agony in attempts to clench his fist. His grip on the guy was very, very weak. But if he didn't try, the both of them could die there. Hunter managed to toss Jake over his shoulder and climbed his way out of the crater. He stumbled his way to the fresh water to wipe the grit and grime from his body. Then after taking a drink, Hunter crouched down and charged in the direction of the school. His entire body screamed in protest, but he needed to go on.

By the time they reached campus, Hunter was on his last legs. The other students transferring from class to class gawked at the two of them. They talked amongst themselves, taking note of Hunter's horrible condition. He stopped right in front of the doors to the infirmary, too weak to keep going, "Where... Where's Togi?" He sighed before slumping to his knees, his muscles failing, "We need help..."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Wed May 09, 2012 10:10 pm

Jake stirred weakly, he was being carried, he could feel that the person carrying him was tired, the carrier was slumping down. Jake's eyes burst open he quickly took note of the situation, they were right in front of the infirmary, Hunter was slumped on his knees and he was being carried over Hunter's shoulder. Jake slid off the shoulder and fell weakly into a crouched position before he forced himself up slowly. He stared at the weakened smoker, "Thanks for bringing me back here." Jake said as he stumbled towards the doors of the infirmary. Jake started knocking the door with his knuckles, making sure that the sound was loud. "Togi! You in there?" Jake asked as he continued to knock.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Thu May 10, 2012 1:14 am

Hunter could barely hear Jake's thanks through the buzz that pierced his ears. He never anticipated just how much blood he really lost through the wounds in his mangled hands and left eye, "Yeah..." He muttered, his words slurred. It wouldn't take a genius to tell that he was showing signs of blood loss. There was a thin layer of sweat that coated his body and his skin was cold and pale. After the whole fight and having to sprint all the way back to the school, Hunter was beyond tired. Once the two were out of immediate danger, his body just gave out. Succumbing to the gravity of his injuries.
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Thu May 10, 2012 1:48 am

They was a hard knocking on her door. And a voice she didn't recognize. She pushed herself out of her chair. She couldn't get herself off this new schedule; she was pretty bored without anybody in here to talk with. She was a little excited. She walked over to the door with a smile. She opened the door in. Two boys. There was a bit of blood and a lot of burns. Her smile dropped to indifference. She didn't show emotion when she was in her moment. She dragged the two of them in. She separated them and placed them on different beds. Lots of breaks, but there was worse. All those burns. She placed her glowing hands on the burnt boy's face and started clearing it up. The eye was damaged. She held her had on it. She hoped it could recover. People didn't tend to recover eyes. They usually had to be removed. She shuddered at the thought. She would want to give that information to a kid. Wait... she looked over the boy's face. She remembered him. Her indifference dropped to a frown. How did he get hurt...

She shook her head. It was going to be okay. She could fix him. His eye would take a while. She needed to keep it clean. She grabbed a square of gauze and tape it over the socket. She could fix it up later. She had vitreous on her hand. Disgusting. She wiped it on a cloth. Her hands ran down the boy's body, fixing all the burns. The boy's hands were leaking that filthy red fluid. She held her hands over the boy's, slowly closing the cuts. It looked like the bones were pretty broken. She would have to get back here later. At least he wasn't bleeding anymore.

She went to the other boy. She didn't know this one. It just looked like a lot of broken bones. An arm.... That was pretty much it. Alright... She placed her hand over the boy's arm. She squeezed the bone into place and fixed it up. Alright, reconnected. Everything was still so fragile, though. She fixed up the hand. She looked over the boy. Nothing else seemed injured. Maybe something internal. "Does anything else hurt?"
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

https://darks-university.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Thu May 10, 2012 2:02 am

Jake allowed himself to be dragged in by the nurse, he was pretty tired. He watched as Togi worked on Hunter's injuries, she was frowning, that meant that she either knew Hunter personally or his injuries were pretty bad, probably both. Hunter's eye had been taped with gauze, did that mean that he wouldn't be able to use it anymore? Jake pushed that thought aside as the nurse finished closing up the cuts on Hunter's body and came over to treat his injuries.

Jake sighed in relief as he felt the bones in his right arm reconnect, followed by the hand. "Yeah." Jake answered Togi's question as his posture hunched over slightly and sprouted out both of his wings from his back, holding back a wince from the pain that came from sprouting broken wings. "The bones in them are broken, their probably treated the same way normal bones are."
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Thu May 10, 2012 2:13 am

Hunter grimaced in agony when Togi dragged him into the infirmary. Every muscle in his body ached due to the constant strain on his body from his own ability. He didn't expect to have to use it so damn much in what was supposed to be a simple sparring match to test abilities. The thing turned into a brawl as soon as his face was fried, "This isn't fun..." He said through gritted teeth while Togi went to work. It wasn't the first time she had healed him up. He could feel the burns covering his body begin to heal, dulling the intense pain. Then she covered up his exposed eye socket with some gauze before working on his face. The last things to be healed were the cuts in his hands. For the time being he would still have to sit there until she was done with Jake, "Hey... How's the eye looking?" He asked, almost afraid of the answer, "Am I gonna have to wander about Pirate style?" He laughed lightly at his own joke, but that quickly faded into a pain-filled sigh.
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Thu May 10, 2012 2:19 am

She jumped a little when wings sprouted from this boy's back. Well... that was unexpected. She gently touched them and slowly healed them. She didn't want to go too fast. She wasn't sure what exactly they were supposed to look like. She flipped the boy onto his side. It would be better on the wings. She did the best she could. "I can't do much more, I don't want them to heal back bad." She turned around. Hunter was speaking. She walked up to him. She brought a hand to his face and brushed her fingers over his hair, her thumb touching the gauze gently. "I'm not sure right now. It's pretty bad... If it isn't repairable I could get you something to help you see, though." She looked over the two of them. They were both in pretty bad states. She wouldn't start questioning yet.
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Thu May 10, 2012 2:26 am

Jake allowed himself to get flipped onto his side, he felt like falling asleep. His wings were healing slowly, slower than his arm, that was for sure. Nodding at Togi as she said that not much more could be done, Jake turned his head to where Hunter was speaking. Apparently he had done quite a lot of damage to the smoker's eye, well at least if it couldn't be salvaged Togi could get him something else to see with. "Should I retract my wings again? I doubt I can just wrap them around me while their still healing." Jake asked the nurse, curious about the answer. He had never injured his wings before so it was interesting to learn if his wings could heal while retracted inside his body. Idly, Jake wondered why the nurse wasn't asking them how they got their injuries.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Fri May 11, 2012 1:25 am

Hunter stirred slightly at Togi's touch when she gently brushed her fingers over his hair and gauze. The news about his eye wasn't great, and he expected nothing less than having to go without it for the rest of his life. But hey, things could have gone much worse. The young man closed his one good eye and frowned, obviously upset, "Don't worry too much about the eye. I'm sure I can go without it. But if it was a lung, then I'd be pretty much screwed!" The last bit was a little joke at his expense, poking fun about his own smoking habit, "I don't think that one eye and a few new scars will keep me from staying gorgeous." Hunter smiled weakly and sniffled, showing the beginnings of a cold, "What do you think?"
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Fri May 11, 2012 2:56 am

She turned to the boy she didn't know. They were both surprisingly awake considering how damaged each one was. She gently touched the wings. "I would suggest you leave them out. I think they would heal up better if they're out." She turned back to the boy. She wasn't really in the mood for jokes. She had to smile a bit, though, for the boy. "I think you'd look wonderful no matter what." She probably said that strangely. She hoped it was okay. "If you like, I could try to repair your eye. If not, I may be able to build one out of glass or metal. Something like that."
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Fri May 11, 2012 4:08 am

Jake nodded, he figured that would be the answer. Cracking a smile at Hunter's joke about his smoking habits, Jake shifted to get a more comfortable position, resting the side of his head on his left arm above the pillow. Now that his injuries were healed Jake felt like getting some sleep, his eyelids were beginning to grow heavy until he heard Togi speak, they shot right back open. "If it helps, I think an eye patch would suit you just fine with your smoking habits." Jake commented, an image of a smoking Hunter wearing an eye patch in his head, he mentally chuckled at the image, unsure of what the other two occupants of the room would think if he laughed out loud.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff Sat May 12, 2012 1:55 pm

Hunter shifted his one good eye in Jake's direction, "By that I hope you mean 'makes me look cool'." He was aware that he shouldn't really be joking about such a serious issue, but it was his own way of coping. If he couldn't have a little fun at his own expense, he'd be insane by now. Hunter looked back up to Togi who addressed his eye situation, "Don't worry too much about it. I'm just wondering how I'm supposed to meet that one person when I look like a damned pirate! She'll think I'm evil or something."
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebear Cassandra Sat May 12, 2012 2:01 pm

Oh yeah... She forgot about the boy's smoking. She would get him to stop. She knew it. The two of them seemed so calm about it. It was a pretty big deal... but she was okay with it. She just smiled a little uneasily. She walked to her desk and grabbed a couple pill bottles underneath. She walked back to the beds and set the bottles on the nightstand. She turned to Hunter. "She won't mind if I just explain it to her. She's seen some pretty bad things, since she's in here with me while I work." That probably wasn't a good thing, but she didn't mind too much. The girl was happy with it. She took a step back so she could see the two of them. "Those bottles have some painkillers. I trust you guys won't abuse them. And they're only there if you're feeling exceptionally pained." She took a sigh of relief. "Now, is there anything that still feels broken, torn or bleeding?"
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Cuddlebear Cassandra
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Sat May 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Jake noticed Hunter looking in his direction with his good eye, he shrugged. Turning his head back to Togi, he listened as the nurse mentioned someone, a girl. Apparently Togi has someone to keep her company while she worked, then why wasn't she here now? Jake wondered. Another thing to note was that the nurse hadn't questioned them on how they got their injuries, he guessed it was for the best, save the scolding for later. "Nope, just waiting for the wings to heal." Jake said as he started to close his eyes, wanting to get some sleep.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next